How amazing would it feel to have everything you need at your fingertips? While a purse or, nowadays, a bag or satchel holds more than enough, but with a sling backpack, the ability to organize is vast. I am an organizing fool so let’s dive into our best sling backpacks for travel.
With so many options available making a decision on which one is best for your travels can be tough. However, with the review of these 10 Top Rated sling backpacks, I believe you will find it easy to decide.
Quick Overview Of The Best Sling Backpacks For Travel
|#1||KAVU Rope Bag – Sling Pack|
|#2||Mangrove Pickleball Bag|
|#3||TARION Camera DSLR Sling |
|#4||Canvas Sling Bag – Small Crossbody Backpack (classy)||4.7||Check |
|#5||Lannsyne Vintage Genuine Leather |
16″ Laptop Backpack (laptop)
|#6||MOSISO Sling Backpack|
|#7||Skog Å Kust BackSåk Pro Waterproof Floating (kayaking adventure)||4.7||More Details|
|#8||BULLCAPTAIN Genuine Leather Sling Backpack (USB charger)||4.6||More Details|
|#9||Nicgid Sling Bags Chest Shoulder Backpacks, 13.3” 14.1” Laptop |
(remember our troops)
|#10||G4Free Tactical EDC Sling |
Bag Backpack (conceal and carry)
What Is A Sling Backpack?
Now that’s a good question because it took me just a bit to decide how to describe a sling backpack, especially for travel.
Sling backpacks are a smaller backpack style that usually holds on an average 10 -20L, give or take a bit. Although it somewhat resembles a cross-body, it’s a backpack for travel and other things.
A longer strap goes over your head, or you can sling it over just one shoulder like a purse. Some have adjustable straps to fit different size torsos, while others have padded straps. It has a pyramid shape or an oblong rectangle shape except for flat in the front and back, and most conform to your body for comfort.
Read Next: What is Luggage
Why Are Sling Backpacks Popular?
Sling backpacks are perfect for traveling as well as everyday use. In addition, you can carry these lightweight backpacks by hand or sling them over your shoulder. Plus, they are lightweight and compact; not to mention, they come in different styles for almost every type of travel.
Furthermore, they come in all shapes and sizes, from small to large, with every color under the sky. They are just perfect for all walks of life.
Consequently, the only downside to slings is that they do not hold much weight. Think about what gear you need, and is a sling backpack large enough? If not, then a regular backpack might be better suited for you. But if you want something light and compact, then a sling backpack is ideal.
What Are The Benefits Of Sling Backpacks?
- Portability: Sling backpacks will go anywhere and are the perfect choice for travel when you want something small on your back.
- Lightweight: With the smaller size, you are not lugging a heavy backpack on your shoulders through the airport.
- Easy Access: since they have one strap, you can easily sling it to the front and access any part of a sling backpack.
- Uniqueness: These backpacks come in specific forms to hold guns, cameras, personal belongings, and so much more.
How To Choose The Best Sling Backpacks For Travel?
Sling backpacks come with various options such as different materials, various durability ratings, and the ability to put specific items in special compartments. With this in mind, choosing a sling backpack is as unique as choosing your favorite vacation. After all, a sling backpack can travel as a piece of luggage.
So to choose one depends on what your travel purpose is, such as:
- Do you need a specific type of case?
- What material is important to you, canvas, leather, etc.?
- How much weight do you want to carry?
- Is fashion important?
- How much do you need to fit into the backpack?
- Are you going on a day trip or a flight?
- Do you need a weather-resistant material?
As we review each backpack, ask yourself these questions to find the perfect sling backpacks for your travel needs.
Sling Backpacks For Travel Product Reviews
Here are the reviews for the 10 Top Sling Backpacks
1. KAVU Rope Bag – Sling Pack
The KAVU backpack is one-of-a-kind, for fun and organization yet never duplicated. In fact, when it is time to find your passport or car keys, this bag has a storage area for all your needs.
Dimensions – 20 inches x 11 inches x 5 inches (10L)
- Made of durable cotton canvas
- In addition, it has a comfortable padded backing
- It has a unique rope strap
- Additionally, it is available in 15 colors
- However, the lighter colors may soil more easily
2. Mangrove Pickleball Bag
Pickleball is a popular sport, especially in warmer states such as Florida. Likewise, I am an avid Pickleball player. The Mangrove bag is perfect for taking along on vacation to carry all the necessities, not to mention that you can use it for your daily Pickleball games.
Deminsions: 19.3-inches x 15-inches x 7.7-inches
- Oversized front zip pocket
- Can use it for other items such as a 15-inch laptop
- Additionally, it has a left or right reversible strap
- However, not all airports allow pickleball accessories as a carry-on
3. TARION Camera DSLR Sling Backpack
Calling all photographers! You are in luck with this camera and accessories sling backpack because all of your camera needs are in one place and right with you on your flight or travel vacation.
Dimensions: 5.9-inches x 8.6-inches x 16.1-inches
- High-quality water-resistant polyester material
- Additionally, it has individual compartments for camera parts
- Lightweight, protective hard shell
- Cameras need to be in carry-on luggage and you may need to remove them from the case when going through security
4. Canvas Sling Bag – Small Crossbody Backpack
Here is a nice small sling backpack that fits every design need. It can go through airport security, and you can also use it for everyday use. Not to mention, one can even use this beauty as an everyday purse to organize all your belongings.
Dimensions: 10-inches x 7-inches x 16-inches
- Available in 15 colors
- An adjustable zipper strap
- Additionally, it is a lightweight, water-resistant canvas
- However, the strap has limited adjustability
5. Lannsyne Vintage Genuine Leather 16″ Laptop Backpack
The Lannsyne is the perfect sling backpack for laptop storage and holds up to a 16-inch computer. In addition, the beautiful full-grain leather makes it a hard-to-find piece of luggage.
Dimensions: 16.1-inches (H)”x11.8-inches (L)”x5.51-inches (W)
- Has ample oversized storage compartments
- To say nothing of, the 1-year warranty
- Vintage cowhide top-grain leather affording this a beautifully worn look
- However, it is a bit pricey
6. MOSISO Sling Backpack
By and large, this is a beautiful and functional design that holds up to an 11-inch iPad with extra storage for other smaller devices.
Dimensions: 7.5-inches x 3.5-inches x 15.3 inches
- Adjustable shoulder strap 18-inch to 36-inch
- Durable soft polyester material yet padded for comfort with a 1-year warranty
- A hole for the earphone cord so you don’t have to take your phone out to listen to music
- It tends to fall off the shoulder when using it as a sling
7. Skog Å Kust BackSåk Pro Waterproof Floating
Who would have thought a 35L sling backpack will float? Surprisingly it does and is a waterproof floating device that is a perfect addition to any kayaking or float trip.
Dimensions: 20-inches x 14-inches x 7.5-inches
- Welded watertight seams and fully waterproof
- Converts from a sling to a backpack with removable straps
- Additionally, it has a waterproof laptop compartment
- Floats with up to 70 lbs of packed items
- Some say the straps are less comfortable than a regular-size backpack
8. BULLCAPTAIN Genuine Leather Sling Backpack
Here is a beautiful, classy all-leather slingback with a USB charging port, making it perfect for any travel. Furthermore, you can bike or fly with this bag and never lose touch.
Dimensions: 11.8-inches x 6.3’-inches x 2.8-inches
- Charging cable is built-in therefore included
- Large enough to hold an iPad mini
- 2 inner pockets inside the main zip area
- In spite of the fear qualities a power bank is not included
9. Nicgid Sling Bags Chest Shoulder Backpacks, 13.3” 14.1” Laptop
Whenever I see a gorgeous, functional sling backpack like this it reminds me of “desert storm” with the canvas construction and camel color. In this case we ha a bag that is an excellent tribute to our troops and what they have done to protect us as well as highly functional for travel.
Dimensions: 11.8-inches (L) x 15-inches (H) x 3.5-inches (W)
- Firstly, It holds up to a 13.3-inch laptop
- Secondly, it has a charging cable with an external Micro-USB port
- Versatile canvas construction for any type of travel
- In reality, some say it is a bit heavy
10. G4Free Tactical EDC Sling Bag Backpack
A tactical backpack like this will come in handy when traveling by car or plane. As a matter of fact, it is designed for concealed weapons and has compartments perfectly set up for all your target practice needs.
Read Next: Can You Fly With A Gun?
Dimensions: 12.9-inches x 13.8-inches x 5.9-inches
- First, it has well-organized multiple compartments for a gun and accessories
- Secondly, it comes with a waist strap to stabilize the bag
- Lastly, the 6 piece accessories is included
- Non-locking plastic zippers
This concludes our review of the 10 top best slingbacks for travel. As you can see, there is a slingback for every travel need, and each one is interchangeable for your everyday needs. However it may take some thought to find the right one.
Happy travels my friends.