Who would have thought the wait time at a TSA check-in would last forever? I have literally waited in line at a security checkpoint for 2 hours before. Granted, it was in another country, but what I wouldn’t have done for compact folding stools to make my wait time feel like a breeze.
Quick Overview Of Folding Stools
|#1||Sitpack 2.0 Compact |
|#2||Deer’s Life Portable Folding Stool|
Weight Capacity 400lbs
|#3||ALEVMOOM Portable Collapsible Stool Telescopic 20.4″ Weight Capacity 550lbs||4.4||More|
|#4||2 Pack Camping Stool With Carrying Bags||4.2||More Details|
|#5||Folding Camping Stool, Portable Collapsible (Rainbow)||4.1||More Details|
What Is The Function Of Folding Stools?
Today the function of folding stools is your comfort when you wait in line at TSA check-in. But, foldable stools have many more functions depending on the type you buy.
For instance, folding stools can dual function as a mini table, a pain reliever, or even improve your posture. In other words, a stool can relieve leg pain, back pain, or just pure exhaustion.
TSA Wait Times And Why You Need Folding Stools?
You never know exactly how long your wait time will be, whether at the ticket counter checking baggage or in the TSA line going through security. There is a way to find out on the U.S. Customs And Border Protection Site, but it could change by the time you get to the airport.
So why stress over something you can’t change and come to the airport prepared for any situation? A folding stool will help any wait time in line feel like a breeze.
What Are The Benefits Of Folding Stools?
Let’s dive deeper into the benefits of folding stools.
- The first benefit is that they are portable. Folding stools can travel with you from one place to another. So if you’re waiting in line at the airport, you want a space saver stool to put in your carry-on bag.
- Next, there are multiple uses for them. For example, a folding stool can serve as a mini table, or even a footrest. It also helps prevent back pain from prolonged standing.
- Finally, folding stools are easy to store. You can quickly put them away after use in your carry-on bag.
How To Choose The Best Folding Stools?
For the purpose of sitting in line at the airport, the best folding stools will require:
How compact are the folding stools you may choose? What storage space do you need for it? Can it fit in your pocket or easily nestle into a shoulder bag. When traveling, we certainly don’t need more added weight or a space hog, so portable stools are the answer.
Is your choice of stool made to handle your weight? Strong, sturdy construction is important. Not to mention folding stools are versatile, so will they stand the test of time?
Look for quality materials used in the manufacture of the stools. If you want to invest in a good quality folding stool, look for durable materials such as steel, aluminum, or hard plastic stools. At the same time, look for lightweight stools.
Folding stools need to be small yet large enough with a high enough weight capacity to fit a large framed person. For this reason, don’t forget to measure your height and width to ensure you get the right size. Actually, we may find a collapsible stool with a 300-pound capacity.
When you sit in line at security, you will move forward often, hopefully, so you can sit on a smaller stool, but the size is important when using it for other things such as camping.
Folding Stools For TSA Wait Time Product Reviews
Here are the reviews for the folding stools that will benefit you while waiting in line.
1. Sitpack 2.0 Compact Lightweight Folding Chair
Sitpack has a go-anywhere portable sitting stick. This little beauty will fold into almost nothing to carry slung over your shoulder or hidden in your carry-on luggage. Not to mention, the design helps your posture and takes a lift off your feet. A stool like this is perfect for dual use as a camping stool or at an airport waiting in line.
- Folds up to a compact size of 2.75 inches wide x 6.75 inches high
- It has a fiberglass reinforced polycarbonate build to withstand abuse.
- Adjustable height with a weight capacity of 220 lbs
- Probably not suitable for a person who is unsteady on their feet.
2. Deer’s Life Portable Folding Stool Weight Capacity 400lbs
WOW, This stool is perfect for carrying on with a weight of 2.6 lbs and an adjustable height from 2.5 inches up to 18 inches. Dear’s Life refers to their stool as simple and portable for a reason, because it is just that and more. In addition, it comes in a variety of colors.
- Folded size is 9.8 inches x 2.5 inches to fit in your carry-on or backpack
- Made with Industrial Nylon Pa for incredible durability
- 300 lb weight capacity
- It only has a window of 30 days to return.
3. ALEVMOOM Portable Collapsible Stool Telescopic 20.4″ Weight Capacity 550lbs
A gorgeous cushioned seat and a capacity of 550 lbs easily make this stool one everyone will own. Additionally, it sits as low as 3.5 inches and extends to 20.5 inches with a great carrying strap. Not to mention the stool swivels so you can see everything that is going on around you while you wait. And it comes in 10 glorious colors.
- Folds to a 9.8 inches x 3.5 inches portable stool with a carrying strap
- Nylon construction that is smooth, strong, and lightweight
- 550 lb weight capacity
- Not suitable as a step stool.
4. 2 Pack Camping Stool With Carrying Bags
If you prefer the traditional seat and need more than one, these stools may fit the bill. These stools weigh in at only 1.87 lbs each and are perfect for carrying through the airport in a case made to fit each one. Although the size is a bit larger, it is easy to unfold in seconds.
- The folded compact size is 16.5 inches L x 5.5 inches H with a handy carrying bag.
- Stainless steel construction and oxford cloth seat
- Weight capacity 450 lbs
- 13.78 Inches seat height may be too low for some.
5. Folding Camping Stool, Portable Collapsible (Rainbow)
I put this one in here because of the eye-catching rainbow colors. A nice retractable stool with an adjustable height from 2.36 inches to 18.5 inches will come in handy while waiting in line at a security checkpoint. In addition, one great feature is the ani skid base with a shoulder and wrist carrying strap.
- Weighs 1.94 lbs and comes with a choice of 2 straps, wrist, and shoulder
- Frame material is plastic with a safety locking system
- Weight capacity of 300 lbs.
- Not suitable for a step stool
FAQs About Folding Stools
Here are some commonly asked questions about folding stools.
Are all of these portable stools TSA approved?
All of the stools with plastic construction will pass through security. But some are made with a stainless steel frame. However, if you remove them from your bag and place them in a bin to go through the scanners, TSA can see what they are.
Will all airports allow me to sit on a portable stool while I wait?
I have not checked with all airports, but I don’t see why not. With this in mind, it is better than sitting on the floor or standing too long, wearing yourself out, and becoming grumpy. After all, airlines like happy customers, and a stool can ease pain and burden on tired legs and back.
What are some other things I can use one of these stools for?
Each one of these stools is versatile. In other words, you can use them for camping, for guests to sit on at home, to plant flowers, and for kids’ parties with the colorful design. The list is endless.
Folding Stools – Conclusion
This concludes our review of folding stools. Any of these folding stools can serve the purpose of relieving your wait time at security checkout. However, please remember to review each one and make sure to choose the one that suits your weight and will help to ease discomfort.
Happy travels, my friends.