Whether it’s a business or leisure trip, you must always bring your gadgets and devices to stay connected. Having a hard shell carry on luggage with a laptop compartment that you can easily access can make traveling convenient.
In the past, travelers had to carry their laptops in separate bags because that was the best way to protect them. However, a carry on suitcase does not provide the padding needed to protect your laptop. A carry on bag has a cushioned sleeve or pocket to protect your laptop against accidental bumps and impacts.
These days, not only do suitcases have dedicated and protective sleeves or pockets for portable computers, manufacturers innovate by creating a front-opening laptop compartment that makes accessing the device easy and convenient.
We have selected three carry-on luggage pieces with innovative features and designs.
Quick Overview Of The Hard Shell Carry On Luggage With Laptop Compartment
|4.5||LEVEL8 Road Runner Carry On |
Hard Shell Carry On Luggage
With Laptop Compartment
|4.4||DELSEY Paris Helium Aero Hardside|
Hard Shell Carry On Luggage
With Laptop Compartment
|4.4||Briggs & Riley Torq|
Hard Shell Carry On Luggage
With Laptop Compartment
Why Do You Need Hard Shell Carry On Luggage With Laptop Compartment
Traveling with your laptop, gadgets, and other tech devices requires a carry on suitcase that offers maximum protection against accidental knocks and jostles.
The hard shell carry on luggage with laptop compartment we have selected for review have unique features and innovative design elements that make them a perfect traveling companion. These carry-on luggage pieces are lightweight and durable, with a front-opening laptop compartment for easy access.
Hard Shell Carry On Luggage With Laptop Compartment Product Reviews
Without further delay, here are the reviews of the Hard Shell Carry On Luggage With Laptop Compartment.
The LEVEL8 Road Runner Carry On Luggage is a top choice for a suitcase with a laptop compartment. The Level8 20-inch hard-sided carry-on luggage, made from 100% lightweight polycarbonate, offers maximum protection against accidental impact.
In addition, it has eight smooth rubber-covered, ultra-quiet spinner wheels that provide ease of movement and 360-degree maneuverability.
The carry-on luggage’s sleek and modern design includes an aluminum telescoping ergonomic handle with three lock positions for various height adjustments. A front laptop compartment with a secure pocket can fit a 15.6″ laptop, making it highly valuable for tech-savvy travelers.
In addition, the front laptop compartment offers easy access to the device when going through the TSA security checkpoint. It also features a USB port to connect your power bank for charging your device.
Security-wise, this carry-on luggage has a built-in TSA-approved lock that meets domestic and international airline regulations. The hard-shell luggage splits into two spacious compartments that can fit essentials good for short business trips of up to three days. The spacious interior has two zipper pockets and tie-down straps to keep your belongings neat and organized.
- The hard-shell carry-on luggage splits open into two compartments.
- The carry-on luggage features a latched front pocket for a 15.6-inch laptop
- A built-in USB port to connect a power bank to charge your device.
- The carry-on luggage, made from 100% lightweight and robust polycarbonate, is sturdy and durable.
- It has eight rubber-covered multi-directional spinner wheels
- An aluminum telescoping handle
- Combined, the wheels and handle combo provides effortless control and smooth maneuverability.
- It has a side and top carry handle for comfort and convenience.
- It has a built-in TSA-approved lock for security.
- The two spacious compartments
- Zipper pockets
- Tie-down straps to organize the contents.
- Size (including wheels and handle): 21.5 x 14.5 x 9.2 inches
- A zippered laptop compartment is better than a latched one.
The Delsey Paris Helium Aero is a lightweight hard-shell 19-inch carry-on luggage made from 100% polycarbonate, making it resilient to cracks and breaks. It has four double-spinner wheels and a double-lock handle offering effortless mobility and smooth maneuverability. A top and side carry handles provide flexibility in carrying the luggage.
The carry-on luggage splits open into two spacious compartments. The front compartment features an integrated padded sleeve that can fit a 15.6-inch laptop and two zippered mesh pockets to keep your computer accessories, toiletries, and other small items. The rear compartment has tie-down straps to secure and organize your belongings.
This carry-on luggage is expandable for up to 2 inches for extra packing capacity. The expansion zipper has a red zipper pull to distinguish it from the zipper that opens and closes the luggage.
Delsey’s carry-on luggage also features an integrated recessed TSA-approved combination lock for security. In addition, travelers using this Delsey Paris Helium Aero 19-inch carry-on luggage enjoy a worldwide limited ten-year warranty.
- The Delsey Paris Helium Aero 19-inch carry-on luggage uses 100% polycarbonate, making it extremely lightweight and durable.
- The hard shell case’s twill texture and deep metallic finish protect against cracks and scratches.
- The carry-on luggage splits open into two spacious compartments.
- The easily-accessible front compartment features an integrated zippered compartment for a 15.6-inch laptop and another pocket for an extra device
- The main compartment features two zippered mesh pockets for maximum organization.
- A zippered divider in the front compartment minimizes wrinkles on clothing.
- The spacious rear compartment features tie-down straps to keep your stuff neat.
- The carry-on luggage size – 21 x 14 x 10 inches, will fit in the overhead bins of most domestic airlines.
- Four double-spinner wheels
- A sturdy handle that locks in two height positions
- The luggage is expandable up to two inches for extra packing space.
- It has a built-in recessed TSA-approved combination lock for added security.
- Soft-touch top and side carry handles for flexibility in carrying the luggage.
- A worldwide limited ten-year warranty.
- The luggage has no USB port.
The Briggs & Riley Torq 21-inch hard-side carry-on luggage features a push-button release and a hinged door front pocket. It has an integrated padded laptop sleeve that can fit and protect most 15-inch laptops. In addition, it has a wide inner slip pocket in the front compartment with a hook-and-loop closure for storing batteries or a power bank. It also has a USB cable that connects to an external USB port, offering convenient connectivity all the time.
This Briggs & Riley Torq carry-on luggage resists cracks and scratches with a three-layer 100% virgin Makrolon polycarbonate., Its outer shell is lightweight and durable.
You can efficiently handle this bag with premium metal hardware, tactile retractable soft-touch carry handles, and strategically molded grab locations.
The carry-on luggage features the Briggs & Riley iconic Outsider® handle, uses aircraft-grade aluminum, and has three height level adjustments. The broad wheelbase makes the bag tilt-resistant for maximum rolling stability. In addition, the double-spinner wheels with metal ball bearings provide effortless multi-directional navigation.
- The Briggs & Riley Torq 21-inch carry-on luggage uses three-layer, 100% virgin Makrolon polycarbonate material.
- The rugged shell case is lightweight, durable, and highly resilient to cracks and scratches.
- The Briggs & Rile Torq 21-inch carry-on luggage features a two-section design with a patented, hinged front and main compartment.
- The carry-on luggage features a front compartment with an integrated padded laptop sleeve to hold and protect a 15-inch laptop.
- The front case opens up by pressing a push-button release mechanism.
- The front compartment has a wide slip pocket with hook-and-loop closure for storing a power bank or external battery pack.
- You can store accessories like chargers, USB cables, etc., in additional pockets in the front compartment.
- A USB cable plugs into the power bank and connects to the external USB port.
- The aircraft-grade aluminum Outsider® handle provides additional interior capacity and a smooth, flat surface on the rear compartment.
- The telescoping handle system has three height level adjustments.
- The V-groove handle tubes are sturdy and cause less jamming when adjusting the height level.
- The soft-touch retractable top carry handle offers comfortable gripping and carrying.
- It has an integrated ID Tag sleeve between handlebars to conceal personal information.
- It has a monogrammable plate to personalize your luggage.
- Four double-spinner wheels with metal ball bearings offer multi-directional navigation and smooth rolling.
- The tilt-resistant wheelbase offers maximum stability.
- It features a 70-30 lid opening to allow traditional suitcase packing technique
- The luggage has fully lined interiors in a light fractal camouflage pattern to find contents easily
- It has a top lid compartment for storing accessories or as a suiter compartment for 1-2 garments in a hanger.
- The main packing base of the luggage features wide mesh cinch-down garment panels with a simple one-strap buckle closure to secure your belongings and minimize shifting in transit.
- The built-in TSA-friendly combination lock provides additional protection and security.
- If you put a heavy laptop in the front compartment and there isn’t enough weight in the two sections, the bag can tip over.
What To Look For When Buying Hard Shell Carry On Luggage With Laptop Compartment
Choosing the best hard shell carry on luggage with laptop compartment can be simple. In our experience, there are three critical factors to consider when looking for a hard shell carry on luggage with laptop compartment.
Laptop And Luggage Size
Let’s face it. If you have a 15.6-inch laptop, it’s ideal to choose a hard shell carry on luggage with a laptop compartment that will fit the size of your computer. In addition, the laptop sleeve, pocket, or compartment must fit your laptop size snugly to protect your laptop from getting dents and scratches while in transit.
Aside from factoring in your laptop size, remember to keep in mind the suitcase dimensions acceptable to the airlines for carry on luggage pieces. It’s pointless to have a hard shell carry on luggage with a laptop compartment in a size that will not pass as a carry on bag because your laptop will not be safe in a checked bag.
Lightweight And Durable Hard Shell Material
A hard shell carry on luggage with laptop compartment is the better option if you want maximum protection for your essentials. Some of the most lightweight and durable materials include polycarbonate, aluminum, polypropylene, Curv, and Makrolon polycarbonate.
A rigid, hard shell case for your carry on suitcase made from these materials offers exceptional resistance to rough handling and accidental bumps.
Flexibility And Easy Access
A hard shell carry on luggage with a front opening laptop compartment offers easy access to the device anytime, without opening the entire suitcase. Furthermore, pulling your laptop out from a front opening compartment without messing with the other contents inside the luggage. Therefore, a hard shell carry on luggage with laptop compartment with this flexibility and easy access feature is a perfect choice.
FAQ About Hard Shell Carry On Luggage With Laptop Compartment
You may have some questions about Hard Shell Carry On Luggage With Laptop Compartment so we have put together 3 frequently asked questions.
Can you bring a laptop and carry-on baggage?
Each airline may have different policies and restrictions for carry on luggage and a personal item. For example, many airlines accept carry on luggage and a separate laptop bag as a “personal item.” But others require a laptop to be included and packed in the carry on luggage. Check with the airlines about their rule or guideline about carry on and laptop bags.
What is the best carry-on with a laptop compartment?
Your ideal traveling companion is a suitcase with a dedicated, padded laptop sleeve or case, providing maximum protection for your laptop.
Is it safe to put a laptop in a carry-on suitcase?
Putting your laptop in a carry-on suitcase is safer than a checked bag. Most airlines recommend you put your laptop in a protected sleeve in a carry on bag. Although they do allow it in checked luggage.
If you are looking for more tutorials, walkthroughs, and troubleshooting on Carry On Luggage, here are some additional posts about Carry On Luggage:
Hard Shell Carry On Luggage With Laptop Compartment – Conclusion
A hard shell carry on luggage with laptop compartment will protect your computer during the flight. There are not many hard shell pieces of luggage with a front open laptop compartment but this type of luggage is more convenient.
When you choose your carry on luggage look for the features we have mentioned here to easily and safely protect your laptop during the flight.
Traveling with a laptop when you have hard shell carry on luggage with laptop compartment is a breeze.
Happy travels, my friends.