Remember the last time you went on vacation with your toddler and how much time you spent packing all your essentials? Those days are long gone, and your toddler is now a teen. Now it’s time to get the best travel backpacks for kids to fit your teen’s lifestyle.
It is easier to travel with a backpack, especially with an itinerary that includes going from one city to another by air, bus, or train. Travel backpacks for your teen help them organize their needs.
Other standard backpack features such as water bottle holders, removable daypacks, adjustable straps, and functional pockets are good. But what if there is a storage compartment for your laptop? That would be awesome, right?
Quick Overview Of The Best Travel Backpacks For Kids (Updated List)
|4.5||Pro LE Renegade |
Best Travel Backpacks For Teens
|4.8||Lay Flat Travel Backpack|
Best Travel Backpacks For Teen Girls
Best Travel Backpacks For Kids
|4.8||Nike Brasilia Mesh|
Best Travel Backpacks For Kids
|4.6||25 Liter Alpha |
Best Travel Backpacks For Kids
Why Do You Need A Teen Travel Backpack
The truth is, you can’t make your teenage kids part with their gadgets, even while on vacation. Most teenagers, therefore, need a travel backpack fitted for a laptop and plenty of pockets for accessories. If your teen is sports-minded, a bag to hold all their needs is versatile for travel and school.
Backpack choice is unique to every kid. Some may prefer trendy backpacks, while others want a more functional one with pockets. Teenage boys may opt for the rugged-looking bag with multiple pockets and compartments for their sports equipment.
The final choice depends a lot on their preference. Is it a large or a medium-sized backpack? Does it have function over form, or more pockets or less? Check the different backpack features and choose the one that is right for your teen.
What Features To Look For With The Best Travel Backpacks For Kids
There are a few things to keep in mind when searching for the best travel backpacks for kids or rather teens.
The travel needs of teenagers are simple. They need the best travel backpacks for kids that offer practical solutions while on the go. Having full access to their electronic devices is a game changer. Charging their devices while waiting for the next ride is another.
A backpack with a USB charging port can solve one of their needs. Another solution may be a backpack with multiple pockets to hold all their sporting needs. Nothing can be cooler than having a pack with these tech-focused design features and the ability to carry a teen’s most prized possessions.
Electronic devices are fragile objects that can become useless when damaged. No electronic device will survive the trip if the travel backpack isn’t sturdy enough to withstand the impact.
Strong, durable materials for backpacks include polyester with a water-repellent coating and high-density nylon webbing. These materials make the bag highly resistant to weather, water, abrasion, and substantial impacts.
Carrying Comfort Features
A backpack is a convenient travel buddy to help your teen move around hands-free. A comfortable best travel backpacks for kids is one that teens can easily carry and prevent back and shoulder pains.
To ensure optimal comfort, the best travel backpacks for kids should have properly padded shoulder straps, a back panel, and a sternum strap. These components promote even weight distribution so teens can easily transport their belongings.
Read Next: 6 Designer Backpacks For Laptops – Luxury You Deserve
5 Travel Backpacks For Teens Product Review
Without further delay, here are the reviews for our 5 best travel backpacks for kids.
For tech-savvy teenagers, the Renegade Pro LE is an excellent choice. The best travel backpacks for kids like this feature areas to organize electronic gadgets and accessories.
This backpack has large storage pockets for smart tech devices and a unique RSS (Reactive Suspension System) design. In addition, it has a compartment that can hold a 17″ laptop, with an interior padded sleeve for a tablet.
- 25L capacity
- Durable materials
- 1680D ballistic, 600D, and 420D cross-diamond ripstop fabric with WR coating
- Ultimate laptop protection with OGIO exclusive RSS compartment
- Mission Control Organization System
- 23 pockets
- Spacious main compartment
- Three panels to organize a phone, charger, and earbuds
- Protected pocket with Molded Tech Vault design for fragile items
- Adjustable shoulder straps with pocket
- Adjustable chest strap
- Shape-conforming back panel
- Large pocket for water bottle
- Luggage pass-through handle
- Daisy chain webbing loops in the front panel
- A cord loop for Team clip attachment
- A mesh pocket just above the laptop sleeve to store the power adapter will be a nice add-on feature.
While there are numerous backpack choices, this one will suit your teenage daughter’s travel needs. The Lay Flat Travel backpack can quickly become a favorite. It is a flexible backpack with three-sided access and opens like a travel suitcase. How convenient!
Your adolescent will relish this piece furnished with a laptop compartment with external access. Boasting fashionable print concepts, it is lightweight but features various storage compartments. You can’t go wrong with this sturdy, trendy design.
- Lightweight, durable and water-resistant
- Made from recycled PET water bottles
- Unzips on three sides and opens flat like a suitcase
- Three exterior compartments
- Two zipped front pockets
- A mesh pocket on one side
- The front compartment integrates four pen pockets, three slip pockets, and one tech pocket
- The main compartment with two slip pockets, one mesh zipped pocket
- Exterior-access 15″ laptop compartment
- Zippered closures
- 24L capacity
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- 5″ handle drop
- A trolley-compatible sleeve
- Coarse mesh on straps and back panel is uncomfortable for sensitive skin.
If quality and versatility top your criteria, this JanSport backpack is a sure winner. It is quite roomy to hold everything, from books to electronic devices to water bottles. A super cool feature is the padded 15″ laptop sleeve.
The synthetic leather base protects your teen’s devices from hard impact while keeping them safe and organized. It has 600D polyester and synthetic leather, which is durable, stylish, and functional.
- Extra Large 34L capacity
- Suitable for teen girls and boys
- 2 large main compartments for books and other essentials
- A dedicated padded sleeve for a 15″ laptop
- Water bottle side pocket
- Pleated front stash pocket
- Cord pullers
- Web haul handle
- A fully padded back panel
- Ergonomic S-curve shoulder straps
- Durable 600 Denier Polyester / Synthetic Leather materials
- Comfort, traveling, and lightweight
- Some have reported the flap that hangs over the zipper gets stuck and jams.
This Nike traveling backpack lives up to its well-known notion of excellence. It is the ideal selection for teenagers, with a spacious primary compartment that holds books, school holders, and other materials. The laptop sleeve keeps their PC separate from the bag’s other belongings.
Your teen can carry this backpack comfortably thanks to the ergonomically designed padded shoulder straps. The two side pockets for water bottles will keep them hydrated. A quick-access exterior front zipped pocket keeps the essentials secure.
- Sturdy materials
- 100% polyester with water-repellent coating
- Quality backpack construction for durability
- Top carry handle
- 2 spacious main zipped compartments
- Laptop pocket
- Ergonomic, padded, and adjustable shoulder straps
- External pockets for small items
- Side pockets for water bottles or snacks
- Multiple pockets with zip closures
- A chest strap would be nice.
Some backpacks may have cool and functional features but only last a while. The Alpha 25L is a reliable travel backpack suitable for your teenager. This backpack is built large with organization compartments for all their needs. The laptop with a padded tablet sleeve can fit a 17″ laptop and a tablet.
The 25 L Alpha is one of the best travel backpacks for kids with a body and base to resist abrasion and wear and tear. This large backpack defies size with adjustable shoulder straps and a sternum strap that makes carrying easy and less burdensome.
- Large 25L capacity
- Backpack body material: premium 600D recycled polyester
- Backpack bottom material: 1680D ballistic nylon fabric
- Exceptional resistance to abrasion, wear and tear
- Durable waterproof construction
- Streamlined single-shot molded exterior
- Adjustable shoulder straps with a chest strap
- Dedicated sleeve for a 17″ Laptop
- Padded interior pocket for tablet
- Two large side pockets for water bottles
- Security pocket in the back panel
- Luggage pass-through handle
- Front zipped pocket for valuables
- Small internal accessory pockets with zipper
- Interior panels with key clip
- Two rows of MOD (modular organization design) for storage
- Padded top handle
- Reflective trim, webbing, and zipper pulls
- Deep pockets are less comfortable for shorter teenagers.
Best Travel Backpacks For Teens – FAQ
Here are some commonly asked questions about the best travel backpacks for kids.
What kind of backpack is best for traveling?
Believe it or not, the best backpack for traveling is one that you can carry comfortably, store your travel essentials, and has versatile uses.
Is a 25L backpack enough for travel?
It all depends on what you will bring on your travels. 25L is a medium-sized backpack, and you can pack a fair amount of travel essentials, including a laptop or tablet.
What features should a good backpack have?
A practical backpack should have adjustable shoulder straps and a sternum strap to ensure maximum comfort while carrying the bag. When designed correctly, these straps will provide optimal support.
Read Next: Rolling Backpacks For Travel – The Ultimate Smooth Glide
Best Travel Backpacks For Teens – Conclusion
There you have it – our review of the 5 best travel backpacks for kids. Backpacks for teens come in so many sizes, styles, and brands. Knowing all the information about each travel backpack will make it easier to decide which is best for your teen.