There’s another way of approaching TSA security screening checkpoints that is fun and anxiety-free. All you need is a TSA-compliant carry-on or personal bag whenever you fly. In addition, taking a Swissgear Scan Smart TSA Laptop Backpack on a trip with you will drive your worries away.
What is a TSA-friendly backpack? At the TSA security checkpoint, the officer on duty will request you take your laptop out of the bag for scanning. Instead of taking the device out, you unzip your TSA friendly laptop compartment and lay it flat on the conveyor belt. The laptop goes through the TSA airport scanner while still inside the bag.
In other words, a TSA friendly laptop bag will fully unzip and lay flat for the scanners to see your device. The manufacturer of a TSA friendly laptop bag will design them to function in this manner.
Quick Overview Of The Keyword (Updated List)
|4.w||Swissgear Scan Smart TSA Laptop Backpack |
SA6752 Black, 15 inches
|4.8||Swissgear Scan Smart TSA Laptop Backpack, |
Black Stealth, Fits 15-Inch
Swissgear Scan Smart TSA Laptop Backpack
17-Inch Laptop Backpack
Why Do You Need A Swissgear Scan Smart TSA Laptop Backpack
The market has a wide array of SwissGear laptop backpack choices, from ordinary to high-tech. Choosing one that suits your needs can be daunting. With this review, we want to help narrow your options to the three best laptop backpacks from SwissGear.
When going through the TSA security check, your anxiety begins when you take the laptop out of the bag. You worry about the safety of your device when it is out of the protective compartment. You also think about getting the device back in the bag without messing up everything else. What if, in your anxiety, you forget about it and leave the laptop at the TSA security checkpoint?
You can now ignore those concerns because you have a Swissgear Scan Smart TSA Laptop Backpack. SwissGear’s TSA-friendly laptop backpack lets you breeze through the TSA security checkpoint. You fully open the bag with the laptop compartment on the conveyor belt. Wait for the scanning to finish, then get your backpack. Zip it back up and leave the TSA security checkpoint. Your laptop stays inside the bag intact and well-protected.
Some laptop backpacks have dedicated padded and zipped compartments for electronic devices. For example, a Swissgear Scan Smart TSA Laptop Backpack has a patented ScanSmart™ design feature that keeps the laptop in its sleeve or pocket while going through the airport scanner. The patented design also protects the device from mishandling or accidental drops.
Flying with a Swissgear Scan Smart TSA Laptop Backpack makes your travel experience convenient and easy. You have numerous options in terms of laptop size, storage capacity, and essential tech features. Pick one with a USB charger, headphone port, or an RFID-protected organizer to keep you connected and protected.
All features of the SwissGear laptop bags aim to provide comfort, excellent functionality, and versatility. When tired of carrying the backpack, you can conveniently slide it through your carry-on’s telescopic handle, and presto! You can wander around the airport while waiting for your boarding gate to open.
Built with the SwissGear patented ScanSmart™ technology design, this laptop backpack allows TSA to visually inspect electronic devices without removing them from the bag. In addition, the lay-flat technology secures electronic devices during TSA security screening.
The laptop backpack has a small exterior top pocket for small essentials and a zipped outer pocket to store office or campus paraphernalia. It also has a mesh pocket for electronic device accessories. The contoured padded shoulder straps and side compression straps provide comfort and even weight distribution.
The SwissGear laptop backpack has a reinforced steel top handle and side pockets for water bottles. In addition, the adequately cushioned back panel features airflow ventilation technology to keep you comfortable and relaxed.
I am the proud owner of this backpack, in the blue color I’ve had for half a decade. It has endured several trips to both domestic and foreign locales and has gone through numerous security inspections. My backpack comes with me on every journey as my personal bag because it fits perfectly underneath the seat in front of me. I never leave my home without it, and its condition is still pristine after all these years.
- ScanSmart™ technology or no-hassle TSA security screening
- Dedicated padded compartment for a 15-inch laptop
- Padded pocket for a tablet for superior electronic protection
- Large capacity main compartment
- Adequately padded shoulder straps with mesh fabric and adjuster pull
- Insulated airflow back panel
- Trolley strap compatible with carry-on telescopic handles
- Organizer compartment with fob clip and multiple dividers for small items
- Reflective shoulder strap accent material for extra safety
- Easy-to-adjust compression straps
- One small zippered side pocket
- Front zippered compartment for frequently needed items
- Mobile phone/sunglasses crush-resistant pocket
- Wire-reinforced, padded top handle
- Front carabiner
- One side mesh pocket for water bottle
- The laptop backpack has no built-in sternum strap.
With a patented ScanSmart™design for this SwissGear laptop backpack, you have an excellent storage solution for your travel needs. The SwissGear patented ScanSmart™ technology design in this laptop backpack allows the bag to go through TSA security with the 15-inch laptop in the compartment. The lay-flat technology secures the electronic devices while allowing TSA officers to inspect them visually. It also has a padded, dedicated pocket for your tablet.
SwissGear tech backpack fulfills the desired comfort and convenience through features like foam-padded contour shoulder straps with a built-in chest strap. It also has a rugged wire-reinforced carry handle and a trolley strap to slide over most telescopic carry-on handles.
The highly shielded back panel protects your laptop and other essentials in the bag. Other exterior organization features include:
- a USB charge port
- a crush-resistant compartment for sunglasses
- an attachment tab for a safety light
- an insulated pocket for a water bottle with an exterior mesh pocket.
- ScanSmart™ design is a TSA-friendly lay-flat padded compartment ideal for a 15-inch laptop or tablet.
- Built-in USB charging port
- Padded, dedicated sleeve for tablets or other smart devices
- Storage for power cords, business cards, and chargers to keep essentials neat, organized, and accessible
- Add-a-bag trolley sleeve compatible with carry-on handles
- Insulated side pocket for water bottles
- A crush-resistant compartment for sunglasses
- Ergonomically contoured mesh shoulder straps with built-in chest strap
- Wire-reinforced grab handle
- Foam-padded back panel with airflow vents
- Removable power pack storage pocket
- Storage pocket for small accessories
- Front organizer compartment
- Collapsible shoe pocket with side zipper
- Sturdy and excellent backpack construction
- More exterior pockets would make this bag perfect.
The SwissGear 1900 ScanSmart™ is a bestseller iconic laptop bag with an easy-to-access main compartment, oversized zippers, flexible side compression straps, and a highly-insulated back panel with vents for air circulation. This laptop backpack uses 1200D ballistic polyester fabric.
It features a TSA-friendly 17-inch laptop compartment with ScanSmart™ technology, allowing you to keep the device in the bag during TSA security screening. It also has a floating TabletSafe™ sleeve which becomes visible when you open the laptop compartment.
The laptop backpack has excellent interior organization features, including an accordion file holder, an integrated media pocket with a headphone port, and a zip mesh pocket for accessories. It is a highly functional bag with a heavy-duty grab handle and ergonomic shoulder straps for on-the-go comfort.
- Laptop-in-case scanning through ScanSmart™ design feature.
- Enhanced laptop compartment with zippered access for a 17-inch laptop
- Foam-padded TabletSafe™ pocket for tablet
- Main compartment with interior organization features – accordion file holder, RFID-protected organizer compartment with a removable fob clip, and multiple divider pockets
- Exterior features include an add-a-bag trolley strap compatible with carry-on telescopic handles, one front, and two side quick access pockets for essentials, and two mesh side pockets for water bottles and umbrellas.
- Contoured padded shoulder straps with built-in suspension
- Easy-to-adjust compression straps
- Airflow back panel venting technology
- Rugged molded top-carry grab handle
- Built-in exterior carabiner
- Integrated media pocket with headphone port
- The laptop backpack has no USB port.
SwissGear has a remarkable collection of backpacks – laptop-friendly, tablet-friendly, and ScanSmart. And because you travel a lot, it’s well worth investing in a laptop backpack that offers maximum protection for your device. In addition, it allows you to get through the airport security checkpoint with little or no hassle. So a Swissgear Scan Smart TSA Laptop Backpack is an excellent choice.
ScanSmart™ technology is a SwissGear patented feature that allows the backpack’s laptop compartment side to lie flat on the conveyor belt. With this feature, it will pass through the TSA scanner with the device still in the laptop pocket.
Most backpacks offer multiple organization options, such as zipped or mesh pockets. A Swissgear Scan Smart TSA Laptop Backpack provides a plethora of interior pockets, compartments, and sleeves designed to protect its contents. The brand boasts of providing well-thought pockets and compartments to ensure that the items are easily accessible and will not get lost in the abyss of the bag.
Innovative Tech Design
SwissGear is a brand leader in functional design with a clear understanding of today’s active lifestyle needs. Features of a Swissgear Scan Smart TSA Laptop Backpack provide exceptional value-added solutions for travelers. Look for ScanSmart™ technology, RFID-protected interior sleeves, airflow back panels, and embedded USB charging ports.
Frequently Asked Questions About Swissgear Scan Smart TSA Laptop Backpack
Here are some of the questions people usually ask about the Swissgear Scan Smart TSA Laptop Backpack.
What does ScanSmart mean for a backpack?
ScanSmart is SwissGear’s patented laptop backpack feature that allows the bag to split in half when unzipped. In other words, the backpack side with the laptop lies flat on the conveyor belt and goes through the scanner without removing the device from the backpack.
Is a laptop bag a personal item?
While airlines have different domestic carry-on rules, as a general classification, a briefcase, a laptop bag, and a small purse belong to the category of personal items. Anything that fits under the seat in front of you will pass as a personal bag.
What size backpack can you take on an airplane?
Most airlines follow the bag size limit of up to 45 linear inches or 22 inches long. Length + width + depth = linear inches. If your backpack exceeds this limit, check with your airline if they will allow your bag as a carry-on.
If you are looking for more tutorials, walkthroughs, and troubleshooting on backpacks, here are some additional posts about backpacks:
Swissgear Scan Smart TSA Laptop Backpack – Conclusion
If you have a Swissgear Scan Smart TSA Laptop Backpack, your travel experience will change. Instead of getting anxious at the TSA security checkpoint, you are confident that your laptop bag will pass through the airport scanner without a glitch.