If you’re a seasoned cruiser, you understand the joy and anticipation that comes with personalizing your cabin door with Cruise Door Decorations. If you’re new to the game, you’re in for a treat!
As a lover of cruising and fun, I researched cruise door decorations and discovered some interesting truths. I am here to share my knowledge with you and present some amazing decorations.
What Are Cruise Door Decorations?
A cruise door decoration is simply a piece of art or craftwork you can hang on your cruise door. It can be a simple picture frame or an elaborate display. Add a personal touch and make it yourself because the possibilities are endless.
Our guide will help you choose the perfect embellishments to set your door apart from the rest. So, let’s get rolling on some fun and interesting facts.
Quick Overview Of Cruise Door Decorations (Updated List)
Cruise Ship Door Decor Hanger
Anniversary Cruise Door Decorations
|8 Pieces Turtle Magnet
Cruise Door Decorations
|Summer Beach Magnets 22 Pcs
Cruise Door Decorations
|Caribbean Cruise Magnet Cruise Door Decorations
For All Cruise Lines
|Dolphins Under The Sea Family Cruise Magnet
|Happy Birthday Magnet Decoration
Birthday Cruise Door Decorations
|Fish Extender Disney Cruise –
Hanging Pockets [3 Pocket]
|Magnetic Dry Erase Whiteboard
Magnetic Markers & Eraser Included
|Command Pull 20-Strips
|Swivel Swing Magnetic Hook
Quick Video On Cruise Door Decorations
What Makes Cruise Door Decorations So Special?
Cruise door decorations are not just about showcasing your artistic side, but they also make locating your cabin among the sea of similar-looking doors a breeze.
The Magic of Personalization
Personalizing your door isn’t just fun – it’s practical. With your unique Cruise Door Decorations, you can easily identify your cabin at a glance, making those late-night returns to your room a lot less puzzling.
A Sense of Community
Decorating your door can lead to interesting conversations with fellow cruisers and gives you an opportunity to express your personality or celebrate special occasions.
Cruise Door Decorations Product Reviews
Now that we know why Cruise Door Decorations are essential, let’s dive into some of the best cruise door decorations you can consider for your next voyage.
Build memories and customize this beautiful 5×10 plaque with your names. Additionally, it is made of 1/4 inch thick wood with a rustic look.
- It will easily fit on your door and allow for extra decorations if you desire.
- Attaches to your cabin door with a magnetic hook to hang the plaque.
- It does not come with a string to hang
What better way to celebrate your anniversary than with heart anniversary door decorations? This magnet is 6.75 inches x 8.5 inches and is beautifully made on a magnetic sheet.
Fully customize your cruise door decorations anniversary style to build memories of your time aboard the ship.
- It will easily fit on your door, and you can add other decorations if you desire.
- Attaches to a magnetic cabin door, and if you have a wood veneer, just place cardboard behind this heart and hang it.
- It does not come with a string to hang
Just how cute are these out-to-sea decorations? Each one is 5 inches tall with a duplicate match. You can share the matches with friends to easily find their cabin or add them to your door to create your own design. In addition, these beauties are versatile for your car or refrigerator.
- Magnetic backing to attach to almost any metal door.
- Each one is 5 inches in size and will allow for more decorations or a whiteboard.
- Not enough duplicates for a large group in this one 8-piece pack.
With this 22-piece magnet set, you can decorate any stateroom door in style and stand out among the crowd. Additionally, these magnets are a vibrant color, fun in the sun, and scream vacation blast.
- Vinyl with magnetic backing to attach to your metal cruise door.
- Each one varies from 4 inches to 6 inches, and all parts will fit on your cabin door to create a gorgeous, fun design.
- It includes one pineapple, so be aware of the meaning of pineapple on your door.
The perfect door decoration for a Caribbean cruise. Fully customize this memory builder with the date, cruise line, and all of your ports of call. Not to mention, once your cruise is over, put this on your refrigerator to remember all the fun you had.
- Magnetic backing to attach to most smooth metal doors.
- In short, it is 11 inches x 8.5 inches to easily fit on your cabin door
- Takes 6-10 days to arrive due to the customizing options, so order early
Here we have yet another gorgeous, fully customizable ship door magnetic decal. You can change the cruise line, the middle section, and the names at the bottom. Additionally, it is individually handmade and fit to order.
- Magnetic backing that adheres to most metal
- The perfect size at 9.5 inches x 8 inches to easily fit on your door and see it from far away.
- No returns as it is a custom-made product
Celebrate a birthday or wish your friends a happy birthday. Surprise them with this beautiful positive magnetic on their stateroom door. In addition, you can choose from 2 different colors.
- Notably, it has a full magnetic backing to attach to most metal doors.
- In addition, it is the perfect size at 12 inches x 5 inches, so you can add other decorations to your door.
- Have to pay extra shipping if you need it in less than a week.
Are you headed out on a Disney cruise? Here is the perfect fish extender to hang at your door. With this in mind, you can give and receive gifts for the kiddies with 3 expandable pockets.
- It will nicely hang on your door with one of the magnetic hooks listed below.
- In addition, it has the perfect dimensions to meet Disney Cruise Lines regulations.
- Only accepted by Disney cruises
Keep your itinerary or messages right on your door. In other words, if you are traveling with family and friends, this is a perfect way to keep track of each other. To put it differently, you can let them know where you went or what the schedule is for each day.
- Notably, each one has a full magnetic backing to attach to almost any metal door
- In addition, it is available in 8 sizes, and 3 of them will fit a stateroom door
- Will not attach to stainless steel
Don’t be left standing at a blank door. What if you get to your ship only to find out your door is not metal? In this case, these command pulls will save the day, and they are regulation approved.
Most ship stateroom doors are metal, but on occasion, you will run into wooden cruise ship doors. Command pull strips would work well for a wooden door.
- In any event, you can easily attach any decoration to your cabin door with these pulls that will not leave marks or damage a door.
- Not to mention, there are 20 pieces, so you have plenty if you need them.
- No hooks are in this package, only the command strips.
These are perfect magnetic hooks to put on your door to hold hanging items. In other words, you can hang things like the wooden plaque or the fish extender. As a matter of fact, you won’t have any worries when you have a few of these to save the day.
- Magnetic backing to secure onto most metal doors.
- A pack of 20 comes in 5 different weights.
- The magnet may scratch stainless steel, so please put a tissue between the metal and the magnet.
Rules And Policies For Door Decorations
Before you invest in your Cruise Door Decorations, it’s important to note that every cruise line has its own policy regarding door decorations.
Disney Cruise Decorations Policies
Disney Cruise Line encourages passengers to place cruise door decor on their stateroom doors, but they have a few guidelines:
They will also allow a fish extender, a hanging fish that is like an add-on to your mailbox next to your door. In other words, it is a fish mailbox. An extender is a place your friends and family can leave presents for you.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do: Use magnets to hang your decorations.
- Don’t: Use adhesives, over-the-door hanging organizers, or any item that may scratch or damage the door.
Carnival Cruise Door Decorations Policies
Carnival Cruise Line allows passengers to decorate their doors, but they recently changed their policy to say: “For the safety of all guests and crew, any decorations not made of fire retardant material or deemed flammable will be removed, and no compensation will be provided.”
The policy goes further to state that you cannot make flame-retardant cruise door decorations with a spray. It has to be purchased with the flame-resistant product already on the decoration. With this in mind, I only found one item that meets these requirements.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do: Use magnets for your decorations.
- Don’t: Use tape, stickers, or anything that may damage the door or leave a residue. Decorations also must not be a fire hazard.
Princess Cruise Ship Door Decorations Policies
Princess Cruise Line has certain restrictions regarding cabin door decorations:
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do: Keep your decorations simple and non-offensive.
- Don’t: Use any decorations that may damage the door, such as adhesive-backed decorations.
Royal Caribbean Cruise Door Decorations Policies
Royal Caribbean permits door decorations with a few guidelines in place:
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do: Use magnets to secure your decorations.
- Don’t: Use over-the-door organizers or any decoration that may damage the door or be a potential fire hazard.
Norwegian Cruise Door Decorations Policies
Norwegian Cruise Line does not allow decorations for fire safety reasons. They passed an ncl door decoration policy back in 2019 for all of their cruise lines.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do: There are no Do’s
- Don’t: Do not use any cruise door decorations
Celebrity Cruise Door Decorations Policies
Celebrity Cruises does allow door decorations but under certain restrictions:
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do: Decorate with non-damaging materials like magnets.
- Don’t: Use over-the-door decorations or anything that might damage the door or pose a fire risk.
Remember, the enjoyment of your cruise is paramount, and following these policies ensures smooth sailing for everyone on board.
Do People Really Decorate Their Cruise Ship Doors?
If you’re a first-time cruiser, you might be wondering if this cruise door decoration business is as widespread as we make it sound. The answer is a resounding yes! But why do they decorate? Well, let’s look at some reasons.
A Unique Tradition
Decorating cruise cabin doors is a beloved tradition among many seasoned cruisers. It’s a unique way of adding a touch of home to the ship, and it turns the experience of navigating the hallway into an art stroll. For frequent cruisers, it’s one of the fun aspects they look forward to, and for newcomers, it quickly becomes a delightful discovery.
Door decorating often serves as an ice breaker, opening opportunities for interaction among passengers. Seeing a decorated door often piques curiosity, leading to conversations, friendships, and even friendly door decoration competitions!
Celebration of Special Occasions
You’ll often notice door decorations increasing when there’s a celebration on board. From birthdays to anniversaries to honeymoons, decorations allow passengers to share their joy with others and make their special day stand out.
So, whether you’re a first-timer or a seasoned sailor, why not jump into this fun tradition and add a dash of personality to your cabin door? With your Cruise Door Decorations, you’ll not only create memorable experiences but also a unique identity that sets you apart on your sea voyage.
Cruise Door Decorating Ideas
Now that you’re aware of the policies for different cruise lines, it’s time to let your creative juices flow and explore some exciting cruise door decoration ideas!
Themed magnets are an easy and quick way to decorate your cruise cabin door. If you’re on a Disney cruise, for example, you could consider Disney character-themed magnets. Or perhaps you’re on a holiday-themed cruise – Christmas magnets would be a great fit!
Creating a personalized sign that features your family name or a fun message can add a touch of uniqueness to your door. It’s a great conversation starter too!
Are you celebrating a special occasion during your cruise, like a birthday, anniversary, or honeymoon? A celebratory banner could be the perfect touch to make your cruise door decorations truly special.
Travel Adventure Map
A fun idea for frequent cruisers is to put up a travel adventure map that marks all the destinations you’ve visited. This can be a magnetic map or a decal that you add to each cruise.
If permitted by your cruise line, light-up decorations can make your door stand out in the cabin hallway. Consider string lights in fun shapes or perhaps even a light-up wreath for a holiday cruise.
Consider having an element of interaction in your decorations, such as a dry-erase board. Not only can you leave messages for your family, but you might also get fun notes from your fellow cruisers!
Remember, your cruise door is a blank canvas, ready to be filled with your personality and creativity. No matter which decorations you choose, the most important thing is to have fun with it! After all, you’re on a cruise – it’s all about the joy of the journey.
What does a pineapple on a cruise ship door mean? You may be in for a surprise because pineapples are swinger cruise door decorations signify you are a swinger. In addition, an upside-down pineapple says you want to meet fellow cruisers who are of like mind.
FAQ Regarding Cruise Door Decorations
You may have some questions so, here are 3 of the most frequently asked questions.
Can I decorate my door on a cruise?
For most cruise ship lines, you can. There is only 1 cruise line that does not allow cruise ship door decorations, the Norwegian. Carnival only allows nonflammable decorations, which are hard to find. But all other cruise lines, such as Caribbean Cruise, Disney, and Princess cruise lines, just to name a few, do allow stateroom door decorations.
Do magnets stick to cruise ship doors?
Magnets are the preferred way to put decorations on your cruise ship door. However, some doors are brushed steel or wood, and magnets will not stick to them. In this case, you can use command pull strips. Check with your cruise line to learn their decoration policy.
Does the Royal Caribbean cruise line allow cruise door decorations?
Royal Caribbean is one of the many cruise lines that do allow cruise door decorations. So decorate away and have fun.
If you are looking for more tutorials, walkthroughs, and troubleshooting on cruises, here are some additional posts about cruises:
Cruise Door Decorations – Conclusion
Your journey to find the perfect Cruise Door Decorations starts here. Remember, the best decoration not only expresses your personality but also complies with the cruise line’s guidelines.
Remember, the goal is not only to have a blast but also to make your cabin feel like a home away from home, even if it’s just through your door decorations.
Happy travels, my friends.