If you’re a frequent cruiser or planning to be one, you might be wondering how to maximize your cruising experience. One way to do this is by taking advantage of loyalty programs like the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society.
Navigating the world of cruise line loyalty programs is daunting, with so many tiers, points, and benefits to understand. As a seasoned cruiser and traveler, I have investigated the workings of the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society program. I’m here to share my insights to ensure you gain the most from your cruising experience.
Let’s embark on your cruising journey together. I’ll guide you through the unique features of Royal Caribbean’s Crown and Anchor Society. When we finish, you will know how to earn points and better understand the benefits of each membership tier. So please sit back, relax, and let’s set sail on an unforgettable journey with Royal Caribbean’s Crown and Anchor Society.
Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society: A Rewarding Voyage
Royal Caribbean cruise line, known for its innovative and grand fleet of cruise ships, appreciates its loyal passengers with a rewarding membership system called the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society.
It is a loyalty program to reward frequent Royal Caribbean cruise guests. No need to sign up for the program; you will automatically become a member after your first Royal Caribbean cruise. For each night you spend on board, you earn cruise points that unlock rewards as you ascend the status tiers. The benefits get bigger and better with each new level until you achieve the coveted Pinnacle Status.
With your Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society membership, you can enjoy a host of exclusive benefits on future cruises. These benefits include priority check-in, onboard discounts, and even complimentary beverages during your cruise. In addition, members have access to dedicated venues and private cocktail parties onboard the ship.
In this guide, we’ll delve into everything you need to know about Royal Caribbean’s Crown and Anchor Society so that you can make the most of your vacation on one of Royal Caribbean’s cruise ships. Who knows, maybe your first sail will be on the brand-new Icon of The Seas.
Earning Points In The Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society
Your journey with the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society begins with earning points. The length of your cruise and the type of stateroom you choose will determine the number of points you will earn.
For example, you earn one cruise point each night you spend in an interior, oceanview, or balcony stateroom. If you opt for a suite, you earn two cruise points for each night. Therefore, if your cruise is seven nights, you will earn 7 Crown and Anchor points and 14 for a suite. Similarly, you will also earn double points by cruising solo in a regular (non-studio) cabin.
Earning points for your cruise vacation enables you to move up in the loyalty program. The further you move up, the more exclusive access you will have to pre-cruise discounts and onboard benefits and events.
Occasionally, Royal Caribbean runs promotions where you can earn double points for booking, allowing you to accumulate points quickly.
Complementary Cruise Points
You receive points on a complimentary cruise if:
- You pay taxes and gratuity
- When you are on a Casino complimentary cruise
However, you will not earn points on a cruise that is free, and you are not paying taxes and gratuity.
All children under 18 years old will enjoy the benefits of your Crown and Anchor level status. They will not earn points until they turn 18 and begin their own Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor tier status.
Membership Benefits Of The Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society
Being a member of the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society comes with a plethora of benefits. These benefits come in three categories: Onboard Benefits, Benefits and Savings on Land, and Youth Benefits.
The perks you receive depend on your membership tier, which ranges from onboard discounts to private events, exclusive onboard bars and lounges, and discounts on booking. The more points you earn, the better the rewards.
Membership Tiers Of The Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society
There are six levels of membership in the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society:
- Gold: 3-29 Cruise Points
- Platinum: 30-54 Cruise Points
- Emerald: 55-79 Cruise Points
- Diamond: 80-174 Cruise Points
- Diamond Plus: 175-699 Cruise Points
- Pinnacle Club: 700+ Cruise Points
A Closer Look At The Benefits Of Each Of The Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society Memberships
Each tier offers an increasing range of benefits. They include personalized gifts, exclusive events, and upgraded amenities at the Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club levels.
As a Gold member, you will receive the following benefits:
- Crown & Anchor Society Onboard Offers
- SeaPass card recognition
- Crown & Anchor Exclusive Rates
- New ship and itinerary special offer priority notice
- Additional cruise points when you book a suite
- Exclusive email offers
- Royal Caribbean Crown And Anchor Society Desk for membership inquiries
- Crown & Anchor Society Exclusive member newsletter
As a Platinum member, you receive all benefits listed above with the addition of:
- Robes for use onboard
- Signature Lapel Pin
- Discounts on Balcony and Suite staterooms
- Matching Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club
Emerald members receive all benefits listed above with the addition of:
- Welcome Waters & Snack + Beverage Selection
- Bigger discount on Balcony & Suite staterooms compared to a Platinum member
Diamond members receive all benefits listed above with the addition of:
- Milestone recognition
- Priority waitlist for Shore Excursions/Vitality Spa services
- Diamond Club (on select ships)
- Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event
- Entertainment Tour
- Priority waitlist seating request in the Main Dining Room
- Vouchers for 4 complimentary drinks during happy hour
- Bigger discount on Balcony & Suite staterooms compared to an Emerald member
Diamond Plus Membership
Diamond Plus members receive all benefits listed above with the addition of:
- Personalized Gift/Amenity (per household)
- Exclusive Top Tier Event
- Early access to the theater, ice show, and AquaTheater events
- Members with 340+ points have a special cheer with an officer.
- Bathroom amenities are upgraded for members with 340+ cruise points
- Vouchers for 5 complimentary drinks during happy hour
- Bonus Gift for members with 340+ cruise points (per household)
- Bonus Gift for members with 525+ cruise points (per household)
- Exclusive access to Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club call center staff members.
- Single supplement cruise fare reduced to 150% from 200% for members with 340 or more cruise points.
Pinnacle Club Membership
Pinnacle Club members receive all benefits listed above with the addition of:
- Flexible arrival
- Personalized lapel pin for Pinnacle Club
- Vouchers for 6 complimentary drinks during happy hour
- Pinnacle Club SeaPass Card with exclusive privileges
- Early terminal check-in
- Daily breakfast at a specialty restaurant
- Coastal Kitchen dining with reservations
- $25 dining voucher for those on the Oasis class and Quantum class ships
- Exclusive nightly pinnacle club event
- Milestone cruise certificate valued at the prevailing rate of a 7-night balcony stateroom for 700 and 1050 cruise points
- Milestone cruise certificate valued at the prevailing rate of a Junior Suite stateroom for 1,400 and every 350 cruise points after that
- Bigger discount on Balcony & Suite staterooms compared to a Diamond Plus member
As demonstrated above, the more you cruise with Royal Caribbean, the more benefits you will qualify for. It pays to be loyal!
Special Offer With Other Royal Caribbean Brands
As a member of the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society, you’re not just limited to benefits on Royal Caribbean cruises. The Society extends its privileges to other brands under the Royal Caribbean Group.
Once you attain the Platinum level in the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society, you qualify for matching status with Celebrity Cruises’ Captain’s Club loyalty program.
As a Select level member in the Captain’s Club Program, your benefits include:
- Internet packages at a 25% discount
- Photo packages at a 30% discount
- All spa treatments at a 10% discount
- Your shore excursion waitlist gets priority status.
When you reach the Diamond level in the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society, you can match the Elite Level within the Captain’s Club. Your benefits include:
- Complimentary streaming for 90 minutes
- Printed or digital photo packages at 40% off
- The Studio photo packages at $200 off
- Between 5 and 7 p.m. each day at most lounges and bars, you have free unlimited drinks that are on the Captain’s Club menu.
- Captain’s Club Coffee access
- On one port day, you have free access to the Persian Garden spa zone (Millennium & Solstice Class ships only)
- WiFi packages are 30% off.
- 15% off on an upgrade of a premium drink package or a drink package
However, there is no status matching with SilverSea, another brand owned by the Royal Caribbean Group. The benefits of the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society truly extend beyond the Royal Caribbean fleet, making your loyalty even more rewarding.
Society Partners For The Crown and Anchor Program
As a Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society member, you also get to enjoy exclusive benefits from Royal Caribbean’s partner companies. These include:
MGM Resorts International
As a Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society member, you are eligible for a complimentary tier status match to MGM Resorts International’s M life rewards. You can enjoy the benefits of MGM Resorts International’s M life rewards based on your Crown and Anchor Society membership level.
HERTZ Gold Plus
Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society members also receive HERTZ Gold Plus member benefits. These include your choice of any car with counter-free pickup from the Gold Plus area at select locations. You will also earn HERTZ Gold Plus Rewards points with every rental, mobile alert confirmations when your vehicle is ready, fast returns, and e-receipts.
These partnerships add more value to your Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society membership, extending your benefits beyond the seas and onto land. Whether you’re cruising or not, your membership keeps rewarding you. Be sure to check out this link for an in-depth understanding of the partners’ program and limitations.
Frequently Asked Questions
As a member of the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society, you might have some questions about the program. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions to help you understand the program better.
How do I find my Crown and Anchor number?
Your Crown and Anchor number can be found at the top right of the screen when you log in to your Royal Caribbean account. It is also on your SeaPass card. If you’re unable to access your account or don’t have one, you can contact Royal Caribbean’s support for additional help.
Yes, spouses and children can be a part of your family group. Members in a group will receive the same status as the highest-tiered family member, except for Pinnacle status. All other family members will receive Diamond Plus status and perks instead of Pinnacle Club.
How many points do I get for each cruise on Royal Caribbean?
You earn Crown and Anchor Society points by the length of your cruise and your choice of stateroom category. You will earn 1 point per night for each cruise in an interior, oceanview, or balcony stateroom and 2 points per night in a suite. Occasionally, Royal Caribbean runs promotions where you can earn double points for booking a cruise.
If you are looking for more tutorials, walkthroughs, and troubleshooting on cruises, here are some additional posts about cruises:
The Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society is a testament to its commitment to rewarding loyal customers. With a range of benefits that enhance your cruising experience and extend beyond the seas to partner brands, the program offers a unique way to make your vacations even more memorable.
Whether you’re a first-time cruiser or a seasoned veteran, the Crown and Anchor Society provides a host of benefits that cater to your needs. From exclusive onboard offers to priority check-ins and special rates, the program will make your cruising experience as seamless and enjoyable as possible.
In this article, we have explored the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society and discovered it is more than just a loyalty program. It’s a community of like-minded travelers who value the exceptional service and unforgettable experiences that Royal Caribbean offers.
Happy cruising, my friends.