If you are searching for a TSA approved luggage tracker, you are in the right place. Finding a reliable, easy-to-use tracker that aligns with TSA regulations can be a complex task.
With numerous travel adventures and extensive luggage experience, I’ve had lost luggage, and it’s no fun. Today, I’m here to share my insights and various trackers so you can avoid what I went through.
How To Save The Heartache With A Luggage Tracker
No one wants to lose their luggage. To prevent the heartache of lost luggage, just put a luggage tracker, GPS, Bluetooth, or Smart Tag in your luggage and track it with an app on your phone. You can even see when your luggage is placed in the cargo hold of your plane.
If you have lost your luggage in the past or you are constantly worried that it won’t show up on the conveyor belt when you land, this guide is for you. Join me as we delve into the world of luggage trackers, transforming the way you travel and adding an extra layer of security to your journey. Travel smart, travel secure!
Quick Glance At TSA Approved Luggage Trackers
The Benefits of a TSA Approved Luggage Tracker
Before diving into our TSA Approved Luggage Trackers reviews, it’s important to understand the broad spectrum of benefits these devices provide. Not only can they give you a sense of security and control over your belongings during your travels, but they also come with a range of features designed to streamline your journey.
Whether it’s the ease of travel, peace of mind, or the assurance of TSA compliance, these trackers have a lot to offer. Let’s explore each of these benefits in more detail.
Ease of Travel
TSA Approved Luggage Trackers simplify your travel. Once it’s in your luggage, you can track your belongings anywhere in the world using a mobile app or website.
No More Worry
With a TSA Approved Luggage Tracker, there is no need to worry. Your luggage is traceable, so you will know where it is.
The “TSA Approved” in the term luggage tracker TSA approved is crucial. This approval means the device complies with TSA regulations, making your transit through security smooth and hassle-free. With this in mind, you may wonder what a TSA approved luggage tag is? These are tags that attach to the outside of your bag. We will look at all types of trackers in the review ahead.
TSA Approved Luggage Trackers Product Reviews
Without further delay, here is our review of TSA approved luggage trackers. We chose the best luggage trackers with a variety of connectivity options.
Apple AirTag 4 Pack
The Apple AirTag is a compact, coin-shaped device with a slew of features that make it an excellent option for a TSA Approved Luggage Tracker. Whether you’re an Apple devotee or a first-time user, the AirTag provides seamless luggage tracking, especially if you’re already part of the Apple ecosystem.
Apple AirTags utilize Bluetooth technology and the vast Find My network to help locate your belongings. Simply attach one to your luggage, and it can be tracked using the Find My app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
- Seamless Integration: If you’re already an Apple user, the AirTags fit right into your ecosystem. They work with the Find My app, which you may already use for your other Apple devices.
- Precision Finding: For iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 users, AirTags offer precision finding, which can guide you to your luggage using a combination of sound, haptics, and visual feedback.
- Easy to Set Up: Just like other Apple devices, AirTags offers a simple and intuitive setup process.
- User Replaceable Battery: Unlike many other trackers, the AirTag has a user-replaceable CR2032 battery that can last over a year.
- Design and Accessories: AirTags are small and lightweight. Plus, they’re compatible with a variety of key rings, luggage tags, and loops sold separately.
- Limited Outside Apple Ecosystem: AirTags work best within the Apple ecosystem. Android users, or those without an Apple device, will find their functionality limited.
- No GPS or Wi-Fi Tracking: AirTags rely on the Find My network of Apple devices for location data rather than GPS or Wi-Fi. This could limit tracking capabilities in areas with fewer Apple devices.
In summary, the Apple AirTag 4 Pack can be a good choice as a TSA Approved Luggage Tracker, especially if you’re already immersed in the Apple ecosystem. However, consider your specific travel needs and the points mentioned above before making your decision.
Tile Pro 2 Pack Bluetooth (2022)
The Tile Pro Bluetooth tracker is a robust and reliable Tile device designed for those who want peace of mind when it comes to tracking their belongings. We have had many people ask, “Can you use tile to track luggage?” Yes, you can tile locator because it leverages Bluetooth technology and a widespread network of users to help you locate your items.
Tile Pro tracker is a versatile tracker that can be attached to your luggage, enabling you to monitor its location via the Tile mobile app on your smartphone. With the Tile Pro tracker, you can find your belongings if they’re nearby or see their location on a map if they’re far away.
You can also use the tile for keys as a tile key finder. Just attach them to your keys and use your phone, per Bluetooth, to locate your keys.
- Long Bluetooth Range: Tile Pro offers an impressive Bluetooth range of up to 400 ft, making it one of the highest in the Tile lineup.
- Loud Ring: It comes equipped with a loud ring, ensuring you can locate your luggage even in a noisy airport or busy street.
- Community Find: If your luggage is lost, the Tile community can help. When any Tile user is near your lost item, you’ll get an update on its location.
- User Replaceable Battery: Tile Pro comes with a user-replaceable CR2032 battery that lasts a year from activation.
- Compatibility: The Tile app, tile finder, is available for both iOS and Android, making it a versatile choice for travelers regardless of their smartphone preference.
- No GPS or Wi-Fi Tracking: This is not a tile GPS tracker; it relies on Bluetooth technology and the Tile community for location tracking, which may limit its tracking abilities compared to GPS or Wi-Fi-based trackers.
- Subscription for Extra Features: While basic features are free, advanced features like Smart Alerts and free battery replacements require a Premium subscription.
Overall, the Tile Pro 2 Pack Bluetooth (2022) can be an excellent choice as a TSA Approved Luggage Tracker, especially for those valuing a loud ring and extensive Bluetooth range. However, do weigh the pros and cons based on your specific travel needs and preferences before finalizing your purchase.
GEGO GPS Global Luggage Tracker – The New Lugloc
The GEGO GPS Global Luggage Tracker is a sophisticated piece of technology designed to give travelers peace of mind. It leverages advanced tracking technologies, including GPS, GSM, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi, to offer global tracking capabilities.
The GEGO tracker is a slim, lightweight device that can be easily placed inside your luggage. It offers real-time tracking via the GEGO app on your smartphone, allowing you to know the whereabouts of your luggage at all times.
- Global Coverage: The GEGO tracker uses a combination of GPS, GSM, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi, offering reliable tracking in over 190 countries.
- Real-Time Tracking: With GEGO, you can track your luggage in real-time, providing reassurance during your travels.
- Geofencing Capabilities: You can set up zones and receive alerts when your luggage enters or leaves these areas, providing an extra layer of security.
- Long Battery Life: The GEGO tracker features a long-lasting battery, capable of lasting up to several days on a single charge, depending on usage.
- TSA, FAA, IATA Compliant: The tracker complies with all relevant regulations, ensuring it can safely accompany you on your travels.
- Subscription Required: To access all the features, you’ll need to pay for a monthly or annual subscription.
- No Built-In Ring or Audible Alerts: The GEGO tracker doesn’t come with an in-built ring or sound alert to help locate luggage in your vicinity.
In summary, the GEGO GPS Global Luggage Tracker, The New Lugloc, can be a powerful tool for those wanting a TSA Approved Luggage Tracker with global coverage and real-time tracking. Be sure to consider your specific tracking needs, the ongoing subscription cost, and the need for regular charging when making your decision.
Samsung Galaxy SmartTag (2 Pack)
The Samsung Galaxy SmartTag is a reliable and user-friendly luggage tracking option, particularly for those already immersed in the Samsung ecosystem. It utilizes Bluetooth technology, allowing users to track their belongings via the SmartThings Find service on their Samsung devices.
The Galaxy SmartTag is a small and lightweight tracker that you can attach to your luggage. By syncing with the SmartThings app, it allows you to track your luggage and even lets you trigger a loud ring to help locate your belongings.
- Integrated with Samsung Ecosystem: The Galaxy SmartTag works seamlessly with Samsung devices. If you’re a Galaxy smartphone user, the SmartTag will fit nicely into your existing setup.
- Offline Finding: The SmartTag can be detected by other Galaxy devices even when it doesn’t have its own internet connection. This data is encrypted and private, ensuring that only you have access to your tracker’s location.
- User Replaceable Battery: The Galaxy SmartTag TSA approved luggage tracker comes with a user-replaceable CR2032 battery that can last months before needing replacement.
- Design and Size: The SmartTag is compact and lightweight, making it easy to attach to your luggage without adding unnecessary bulk.
- Limited Outside Samsung Ecosystem: The Galaxy SmartTag offers maximum functionality within the Samsung ecosystem. Users of other devices may find its capabilities limited.
- No GPS or Wi-Fi Tracking: Like many Bluetooth trackers, the Galaxy SmartTag relies on a network of Galaxy devices rather than GPS or Wi-Fi for location tracking, which could limit its tracking capabilities in areas with fewer Galaxy devices.
All in all, the Samsung Galaxy SmartTag (2 Pack) could be a great option as a TSA Approved Luggage Tracker, particularly for Samsung device users. As with any purchase, remember to consider the pros and cons in the context of your individual travel requirements before making a decision.
Dynotag® Web Enabled
Dynotag® offers a unique spin on luggage tracking with its web-enabled smart tag TSA approved luggage trackers. This device doesn’t rely on traditional tracking technologies like Bluetooth or GPS. Instead, it uses a QR code that, when scanned, provides information about your luggage and how to return it to you.
The Dynotag® Web Enabled Super Pet ID Smart Tag is durable, waterproof, and doesn’t require a battery. It’s ideal for travelers who prefer a simple, straightforward solution to keeping track of their luggage.
- No Battery Required: This tag is entirely web-based. There’s no need to worry about charging or replacing batteries.
- Lifetime Recovery Service: The Dynotag includes a lifetime luggage recovery service. If your luggage is lost and someone finds it, Dynotag’s support team will facilitate its return to you.
- Waterproof and Sturdy: Dynotag TSA approved luggage trackers are designed to withstand the rigors of travel. It’s waterproof and made from strong materials to ensure durability.
- No Subscription Fees: Unlike many trackers, the Dynotag doesn’t come with monthly or yearly subscription fees.
- No Real-Time Tracking: The Dynotag doesn’t offer real-time tracking capabilities. If real-time updates are important to you, you might want to consider other options.
- Requires Internet Connection: To access the information on the Dynotag, the finder needs an internet connection to scan the QR code.
In conclusion, the Dynotag® Web Enabled Super Pet ID Smart Tag can be a great TSA Approved Luggage Tracker if you’re seeking a no-fuss, straightforward solution. However, if real-time tracking is essential to you, other trackers might serve your needs better. Always consider your specific requirements and travel style before making a decision.
LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker For Luggage
The LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker is a high-end luggage tracking system, packed with features to offer real-time tracking capabilities. It’s built with robust, water-resistant materials and utilizes GPS technology to help ensure you never lose track of your luggage.
The LandAirSea 54 GPS TSA approved luggage Trackers are a compact device that can be placed in your luggage. It provides real-time tracking and mapping on web-based SilverCloud software, accessible from any web browser, and offers geofencing capabilities.
- Real-Time Tracking: Unlike many luggage trackers, the LandAirSea 54 provides real-time tracking using GPS. This allows you to track your luggage’s location at any time.
- Waterproof and Durable: Built to endure travel-related wear and tear, these TSA approved luggage trackers are waterproof and encased in a sturdy plastic shell.
- Geofencing: You can set up virtual boundaries for your tracker. If your luggage goes beyond these boundaries, you’ll be notified immediately.
- Long Battery Life: The tracker comes with a rechargeable battery that can last up to two weeks, depending on usage.
- Subscription Required: To use the real-time tracking service, you’ll need to subscribe to LandAirSea’s SilverCloud service, which comes at an additional cost.
- Size: Although compact, the LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker is larger and heavier than some other options. This might be a factor if you’re trying to minimize luggage weight.
Overall, the LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker is an excellent choice as a TSA Approved Luggage Tracker if real-time tracking and geofencing are high on your list of priorities. However, do keep in mind the additional subscription cost and the device’s size and weight before making your decision.
What To Consider When Looking For TSA Approved Luggage Trackers
Choosing the right TSA Approved Luggage Trackers isn’t a decision to make lightly. Here are some crucial factors to consider in your hunt for the perfect tracker.
Compatibility with Your Devices
Many TSA Approved Luggage Trackers use mobile apps or websites to deliver real-time tracking information. Before you buy, ensure the tracker is compatible with your smartphone or computer. Check which operating systems the app supports – is it available for iOS, Android, both, or more?
The battery life of a TSA Approved Luggage Tracker is a critical factor. Ideally, the tracker should last for the duration of your longest journeys. Some trackers have a battery life of a few days, while others may last for weeks or even months. Rechargeable options can be handy if you have access to power sources during your trip.
Different TSA Approved Luggage Trackers utilize various technologies, such as GPS, GSM, Bluetooth, or even Wi-Fi, to track your belongings. Each of these technologies has its pros and cons, and their effectiveness can vary depending on your travel destination. Research these technologies to understand what TSA approved luggage trackers will work best for your travel plans.
Size and Design
The size and design of your TSA Approved Luggage Tracker are also important. You’ll want something compact and lightweight that won’t take up too much space or add unnecessary weight to your luggage. Also, consider the tracker’s durability – it should be robust enough to withstand the rigors of travel.
Cost and Subscription Fees
While the upfront cost of a TSA Approved Luggage Tracker is crucial, don’t forget to factor in any ongoing costs. Some trackers require a subscription for continued service. Make sure to consider these costs when comparing your options.
Armed with this information, you’re well on your way to finding the perfect TSA Approved Luggage Tracker for your travel needs. Safe travels!
Ensuring the Most from Your TSA Approved Luggage Tracker
After investing in a TSA Approved Luggage Tracker, it’s crucial to ensure you’re getting the most out of this handy gadget. From maintenance to app updates and understanding how to interact with TSA agents if questions arise. There are several ways you can optimize your tracker’s performance.
Like any electronic device, a TSA Approved Luggage Tracker requires some upkeep. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for care and maintenance.
Update Your App
Most TSA Approved Luggage Trackers come with a corresponding app. Regular updates of the app ensure that you always have access to the latest features and the best possible tracking.
Communicate with the TSA
If a TSA officer questions your TSA Approved Luggage Tracker, calmly explain its purpose and show that it is indeed TSA approved.
FAQs About A TSA Approved Luggage Trackers
Here are some commonly asked questions about TSA approved luggage trackers.
Does TSA allow luggage trackers?
TSA says you can place a luggage tracker in your checked and carry on luggage, although most have a lithium metal battery. The lithium-ion battery in a luggage tracker is small enough to meet TSA guidelines therefore, it is safe in the cargo hold of a plane.
Absolutely! The price you pay for a luggage tracker is well worth it for peace of mind in tracking your bags. In addition, if the airline loses your luggage, you can locate it, and possibly faster than baggage claims can.
How do I keep track of my luggage when flying?
It is a simple process once you have a better understanding of your device. Most trackers use Bluetooth or GPS to track your luggage. You can even track it to know if it is in the cargo hold when you take off. Then, you can begin tracking it again when you land.
Are tile trackers allowed on airplanes?
When asked, “Are tiles allowed on airplanes,” the answer is yes. Tile trackers are considered TSA approved. Although they do have a lithium-ion battery, the battery is small enough to comply with TSA regulations.
What distance can an AirTag track?
When using the nearby mode of TSA approved luggage trackers, it ranges from 130 ft to 400 ft. But when connected to Bluetooth, the distance is unlimited.
If you are looking for more tutorials, walkthroughs, and troubleshooting on TSA, here are some additional posts about TSA:
A TSA Approved Luggage Tracker can truly change your travel experience. With less anxiety over your luggage’s whereabouts and more compliance with security, you can focus more on the journey ahead. Remember, the best TSA Approved Luggage Tracker for you will depend on your specific travel needs and preferences.
If you didn’t find what you are looking for here, you can also check out Best Buy GPS tracker. You can use a Best Buy locator to find a store near you or check them out online. They are a bit more expensive and don’t have the Amazon fast shipping, but you may find what you are looking for.
Happy travels, my friends.