The days of throwing all of your stuff into a suitcase may be over. In other words, luggage packing cubes are here; many say they will never pack without them again. It looks like they would take up too much space, but that’s not true. Cubes actually save space and time.
Without further delay, let’s see more information and look at our top picks.
Quick Overview Of Luggage Packing Cubes (Updated List)
Finding the right packing cubes is essential to happy, carefree travel. In light of this, I will give you a quick overview of some top picks as well as packing cube brands which I will showcase below the ones listed in the first overview box.
|4.7||LeanTravel Compression Packing Cubes |
with Double Zipper
|4.8||Compression Packing Cubes with |
Flexible Separator | YKK Zippers
|4.8||Shacke Pak – 5 Set Packing Cubes |
with Laundry Bag
|4.6||BAGAIL 4, 5, or 6 Set Compression Packing Cubes||More |
Quick Overview Of Brand Luggage Packing Cubes Options
Suppose you own one of these brands; each brand’s packing cubes fit perfectly into the corresponding luggage brand. But that’s not all; any of these cubes will work well for any luggage.
What Are Luggage Packing Cubes?
Luggage packing cubes are the ultimate in organization. In other words, you can categorize your clothing items into a cube, making it easy to locate everything when packing and unpacking.
Packing cubes are bags of different sizes used to pack your belongings and place the cubes in your luggage. In addition, there are a variety of cubes to choose from, including plastic to more durable materials.
Some are clear so you can see the contents, yet others have a solid material to hide your belongings. With this in mind, most luggage packing cubes have a zippered design to contain the clothes inside.
In a nutshell, many people swear by packing cubes and believe they are necessary to ease your packing burden.
Why Do You Need Luggage Packing Cubes?
The real question is, why would you not use packing cubes? As I mentioned above, the organizational ability is phenomenal. Not to mention, when you unpack, it’s easy to find what you need.
They are perfect for families because you can take a cube out and hand it to your kiddos without ruffling through everything in your case.
Travel cubes are also great for those trips when you stay in a different place every night or a couple of nights. To put it differently, you can pack what you need for each stay in cubes and then take them out without disturbing the other packed items.
Not to mention I no longer pack all of my chargers and cords in a Ziploc bag; instead, I use cubes because they nestle nicely next to the other cubes. In addition, it saves space and time.
Lastly, luggage packing cubes will help to prevent wrinkles so you can enjoy your trip and not have to iron.
What To Look For When Buying Luggage Packing Cubes?
Searching for the best packing cubes requires some guidelines; with this in mind, here are the three things I recommend.
What size is the suitcase you are packing? Is it a carry on, checked bag, or maybe a backpack? When purchasing cubes, I suggest measuring the interior of your luggage and comparing the dimensions with the cube sizes. As a result, the measurements will let you know how many and what sizes to buy, and there will not be wasted space.
What material are the cubes? Are they durable if you overstuff them, and are the seams strong? By the same token, are the zippers easy to maneuver and have a strong design, so they don’t easily break?
Quality cubes come in all types of material, such as recycled bottles, water-resistant nylon, and 80 denier polyester. In fact, some have mesh panels, while others are waterproof packing cubes.
How long is your trip? For a long vacation or a large family, you may want to consider compression cubes. In other words, some cubes will compress down after you pack them to fit into a smaller area. While other cubes stay full size when filled.
To put it differently, the length of your trip will determine the type of cube you choose. In any event, you can pick the right size packing cubes to suit your travel needs.
Travel Tips: What Is The No Stress Best Way To Pack A Suitcase?
Luggage Packing Cubes Product Reviews
Without further delay, here are the reviews of the best luggage packing cubes; notably, 3 are compressible packing cubes while one is not.
The LeanTravel company boasts more packing ability than its competitors. In this case, the large cubes are suitable for pants, coats, and bulkier items, while the medium cube does well with smaller items such as underwear and cords. And they all have strong zipper closures.
- These Compression packing cubes will reduce the size from 4 inches to 1 inch.
- Secondly, each cube is durable polyester material with strong see-through mesh and anti-catch technology SBS brand zippers.
- Choice of 1, 3, and 6-piece cubes
- The largest cube is not well suited for carry on luggage.
Taskin is a family and employee-operated and owned business out of California. These amazing packing cubes have designated clean clothes and dirty clothes area that is flexible with breathable mesh cover to see what is inside. In addition, you can enjoy a limited lifetime warranty against workmanship and materials.
- Available in three-piece sets, four-piece sets, and six-piece sets, with an additional zipper for compression up to 40%
- Mesh is duraflex coated with honeycomb ripstop nylon. In addition, the zippers are YKK and a mesh viewing panel.
- Larger cubes for longer trips and smaller ones for weekend getaways.
- Only the clean clothes side of the bag will compress.
The Shacke Pak is a five-piece packing cube set that comes in 9 luscious colors. Not to mention the breathable mesh and reinforced stitching are the perfect team for durability. In addition, these are traditional packing cubes and do not compress, which many prefer the compression ones. Notably, these are tested and proven perfect for any 14-day trip.
- Tested and proven perfect for any trip up to 14 days.
- Lightweight cubes with ergonomic pull zippers which are snag free and smooth
- Suitable for a 14-day checked luggage trip or will fit in your carry on.
- If you are a fan of compressible cubes, these do not compress.
A Bagail packing cube is a compression design with a zipper style. In addition, these cubes are available in 33 sizes and color variations. Not to mention, the zippers will compress these bags 60% smaller after packing. Yet they are made with durable double-stitching to last all of your travels.
- Perfect size for most backpacks and carry on luggage
- Secondly, they are 40d nylon Ripstop material, super lightweight packing cubes, and sturdy against wear. In addition, they have smooth gliding zippers.
- Purchase more than one set for any length of the trip. Dimensions range from a large 15-inch to a small 11-inch.
- Due to the compression type, they are a better option for a carry on or backpack.
Brand Luggage Packing Cubes Options Review
Here is a review of the brand packing cubes I promised you.
Not much compares to the quality o Tumi luggage or their packing cubes. With a 5-star rating, these cubes are well designed and made to last. Store anything from your clothing to your laptop in one of these quality packing cubes. The Tumi name stands behind the quality of these cubes.
- These cubes are in a variety of sizes to meet any packing need.
- Secondly, they have durable nylon construction with a see-through mesh cover.
- Mix and match the sizes to meet any length of trip
- These are a bit more expensive cubes, but the Tumi quality does shine through.
The Samsonite reputation and name have been trusted and well known for many years. With this in mind, their packing cubes are no different. Each one in a three-cube set has durable nylon construction, a handle for ease of moving and carrying, and a breathable mesh front.
- Secondly, each cube in the 3-pack set is a different dimension to fit your packing needs.
- They are durable nylon with a breathable mesh top cover.
- It comes in a 3-pack set that easily fits into a carry on or checked luggage. For longer trips, you can buy more than one set.
- Only 3 cubes to a set.
If you own Briggs & Riley luggage, or maybe you are not familiar with this brand, needless to say, we are honored to promote cubes made by this reputable company.
These ultimate packing cubes fit perfectly into a Briggs & Riley carry on but will work well for any carry on luggage. In addition, they have an integrated webbing design, a carrying handle, and the famous YKK double pull zipper for a smooth glide. Not to mention, they are machine washable, a perk many cubes don’t offer.
- The size fits perfectly in Briggs & Riley carry on.
- Secondly, these durable packing cubes are made with the same care as the Briggs & Riley luggage, with glide zippers and a handle to carry.
- You can use them in a larger suitcase but ensure the proper fit and how many you will need with measurements.
- Three small cubes for carry on luggage, not for larger checked baggage.
FAQs About Luggage Packing Cubes
Here are some commonly asked questions about luggage packing cubes
Are regular or compression packing cubes better?
The cube you choose is a personal preference. But some evidence supports compression cubes stating they save15% – 20% more space. In contrast, regular cubes take less time to pack because you don’t have to zip up the sides to compress them. So the better one is the one that is right for you.
What is the best way to pack clothes in a packing cube?
The best space-saving way to pack a cube is to roll your clothing. Rolling allows the items to fit more snugly and keep empty space to a minimum, not to mention rolling decreases wrinkles.
Can I really save space if I use packing cubes?
Yes, you can save space, but it depends on how many cubes you use and how well the cubes you choose fit together. For example, buying sets of packing cubes or individual ones from the same brand will save more space. The cubes will work together end to end or stack better.
Luggage Packing Cubes – Conclusion
So that concludes our list of luggage packing cubes. Cubes that compress and those that don’t are excellent choices to make your travel packing easy. Not to mention the brand cubes of high quality to match and fit your luggage are an asset.
We have reviewed some of the best cubes and value bags so you can make a well-informed decision. With this in mind, a packing cube is a must for a well-organized packing experience.
Happy travels, my friends.