If you’re planning a cruise with Princess, you might be wondering about the Princess Cruises drink packages. It’s a common question and for a good reason. While there are many benefits to purchasing a beverage package, there are also reasons why it might not be the best fit for everyone.
It can be confusing to navigate the various drink packages, understand their costs, and decide whether they’re worth it. No one wants a ton of unexpected expenses or limitations while on a fun vacation.
As a seasoned Princess Cruises traveler and luggage enthusiast, I’ve navigated the waters of the Princess Cruises drink packages and what they offer. I just recently experienced a Princess Cruise and know the ins and outs.
With the new Princess Plus and Princess Premier cruise packages, you might wonder if it’s worth upgrading to these more all-inclusive options.
I understand the importance of making informed decisions, so I compiled this comprehensive guide to Princess Cruises drink packages. I’ll break down the costs, benefits, and considerations, so you can focus on enjoying your cruise. For your convenience, I will also provide tables and images to clarify the packages and pricing.
Are Drinks Included In Princess Cruises Drink Packages?
As you book your Princess Cruise, you might wonder what’s included in your fare, especially regarding beverages. After all, enjoying a refreshing drink while you lounge by the pool or watch the sunset from the deck is part of the cruise experience.
Your Princess Cruises fare does include a selection of beverages, but it’s important to note that this is limited to certain types of drinks. Complimentary beverages include juice, but only during breakfast hours. Throughout the day, you can enjoy non-bottled iced water, iced tea, hot tea, and brewed coffee at no extra cost. These are available at the buffet and in the main dining rooms.
However, if you’re a fan of specialty coffees, smoothies, fresh juice, soft drinks, bottled water, or energy drinks, you’ll need to pay an additional fee. These drinks are not included in your fare and can add up over the course of your cruise.
The same goes for all alcoholic beverages. Whether you enjoy a cocktail by the pool, a glass of wine with dinner, or a beer while watching the sunset, these drinks are not included in the standard fare. If you’re someone who enjoys a drink or two each day, you’ll want to consider one of the Princess Cruises drink packages, which we’ll discuss in the next section.
It’s also worth noting that Princess Cruises adds an 18% gratuity to all drink orders, including those covered by a drink package. So, it’s important to factor this into your budget when deciding whether to purchase a drink package.
Chart Of Basic Free Drinks
What Are the Princess Cruises Drink Packages?
Princess Cruises drink packages offer various drinks to meet its passengers’ needs. If you’re considering purchasing a drink package, it’s important to understand what each package includes and whether it provides good value for your personal drinking habits.
- Plus Beverage Package: This package is included in the Princess Plus fare and covers all drinks up to $15. This includes specialty coffees, cocktails, wine, beer, smoothies, bottled water, and soft drinks. This package has a 15-per-day limit on drinks. It’s a great option if you enjoy a variety of beverages and want the convenience of having most of your drinks covered.
- Premier Beverage Package: This package covers all drinks up to $20, similar to the Plus Beverage Package. However, the Premium package includes a 25% discount on drinks priced above $20. If you have a taste for premium wines, top-shelf spirits, or craft beers, this package might be worth considering.
Princess Cruises also offers three non-alcoholic drink packages:
- Zero Alcohol Drink Package: This includes unlimited mocktails, juices, smoothies, and soft drinks. It’s a great option if you don’t drink alcohol but still want a variety of beverage options.
- Classic Soda Package: This package includes unlimited fountain soft drinks. If you’re a soda lover, this package can offer great value.
- New Grounds Coffee Package: This package includes specialty coffees, hot chocolate, and teas. If you’re a coffee aficionado or tea lover, this package is for you.
In addition to these, Princess Cruises has also introduced two all-inclusive packages, the Plus Package and the Premier Package. These Princess Cruises drink packages include not only drinks but also Wi-Fi and gratuities, providing an all-inclusive cruise experience.
Easy To Follow: What Are The Drink Packages?
What Is The Price Of The Princess Cruises Beverage Packages?
When considering whether to purchase one of the Princess Cruises Drink Packages, one of the key factors to consider is the price. The cost of Princess Cruises Beverage Packages varies depending on the specific package you choose.
The Plus Beverage Package has an 18% gratuity added to the price of $64.99 US per day, which makes it a total of $76.70 per day per person.b This covers drinks up to $15 per drink and up to 15 daily.
A perk of the plus package is Princess will give you unlimited juices, premium desserts, and two fitness classes as an added bonus.
The Premier Beverage Package covers all drinks up to $20 and includes a 25% discount on drinks above $20. This package typically costs around $84.99 per person per day.
For non-alcoholic options, the Zero Alcohol Drink Package also has the 18% gratuity figured in, and with this, it typically costs around $35.39 US per day.
The Classic Soda Package includes the 18% gratuity figured in and totals $17.69 US daily.
New Grounds Coffee Package also has the 18% gratuity figured in, typically costing around $23.59 US per day.
It’s important to note that an 18% service charge is added to the total cost of all drink packages at checkout (excluding Australia itineraries). Depending on your itinerary or port of embarkation, a tax may also be added at the time of purchase.
Pricing For Princess Cruises Drink Packages
Princess Cruises Drink Packages Rules
Before we delve into the specifics of each Princess Cruises drink package, it’s important to understand some fundamental aspects that apply to all the packages.
- Each drink package is priced on a per day, per person basis.
- You must purchase the package for the entire duration of your cruise.
- An 18% service charge will be added to the total cost of your drink package at checkout (this does not apply to Australia itineraries).
- Depending on your itinerary or port of embarkation, a tax may also be added at the time of purchase.
- You can purchase Princess Cruises drink packages online up to four days before your cruise or buy them onboard the ship on the day of embarkation.
- However, once you’re onboard or within three days of sailing, the packages are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The drink packages are for personal use only, meaning you can’t share your package or use it to order drinks for other passengers.
- Each order is limited to one beverage, whether it’s alcoholic or non-alcoholic.
- Princess Cruises does not require all passengers in the same stateroom to purchase a drink package.
- For alcoholic beverages, there’s a limit of 15 drinks in a 24-hour period (from 6 AM to 6 AM).
- The 15-drink limitation does not apply to non-alcoholic drinks.
- You can use your drink package on private islands like Princess Cays.
- You can use your drink package for all food and beverage venues onboard
- And you can use your package in other areas, like the theater that offers beverage service.
Are Princess Cruises Drink Packages Worth The Money?
Whether one of the Princess Cruises drink packages is worth the investment depends largely on your drinking habits and preferences.
If you’re someone who enjoys several beverages throughout the day, whether it’s specialty coffees, smoothies, soft drinks, or alcoholic drinks, a drink package can offer excellent value. With one of the Princess Cruises drink packages, you can enjoy a wide variety of beverages for a fixed daily price, which can be more cost-effective than paying for each drink individually. Plus, it gives you the convenience of not having to worry about your onboard drink expenses adding up.
However, if you’re a light drinker or prefer to stick to the complimentary beverages, a drink package might not be the best value. It’s important to consider how many drinks you’re likely to have each day and compare that to the daily cost of the drink package.
Another factor to consider is the type of drinks you enjoy. If you have a taste for premium wines, top-shelf spirits, or craft beers that often exceed the $15 limit, the Premier Beverage Package, with its 25% discount on drinks priced above $20, might be worth considering.
In the end, the decision comes down to your personal preferences and habits. It’s worth taking the time to do the math and consider your options before deciding whether a Princess Cruises drink package is worth it.
Frequently Asked Questions: Your Guide to Princess Cruises Drink Packages
In this guide to Princess Cruises Drink Packages, we’ve covered a lot of ground. However, we understand that you may still have some questions. Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Princess Cruises Beverage Packages:
Can I purchase one of the Princess Cruises Drink Packages for just a few days of my cruise?
No, when you purchase a Princess Cruises Beverage Package, it must be purchased for the entire duration of your cruise. This is to prevent sharing of packages and to ensure fair use.
Do all passengers in the same stateroom have to purchase a beverage package?
Unlike some other cruise lines, Princess Cruises does not require all passengers in the same stateroom to purchase a beverage package. Each passenger can decide whether or not a beverage package is a good fit for them.
Are there any limitations on the number of drinks I can order with a beverage package?
Yes, for alcoholic beverages, there’s a limit of 15 drinks in a 24-hour period (from 6 AM to 6 AM). This limitation does not apply to non-alcoholic drinks.
If you are looking for more tutorials, walkthroughs, and troubleshooting on cruises, here are some additional posts about cruises:
Choosing whether to invest in one of the Princess Cruises Drink Packages is a decision that depends on your personal preferences, drinking habits, and budget. With various packages available, there’s likely an option that fits your needs.
If you enjoy a variety of beverages throughout the day, a beverage package can offer convenience and potentially significant savings. On the other hand, if you’re a light drinker or prefer to stick to the complimentary beverages, you might find that a beverage package doesn’t offer the best value for you.
Remember, the goal is to enhance your cruising experience. Whether that means savoring a premium wine with dinner, enjoying a specialty coffee each morning, or simply not having to worry about your onboard drink expenses adding up the right beverage package can contribute to a more enjoyable and worry-free cruise.
In this Princess Cruises Drink Packages guide, we’ve aimed to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision. Now, the choice is yours. Here’s to smooth sailing and enjoyable beverages on your next Princess Cruise!
Happy cruising, my friends.