Even tall parents need a vacation and want to take the family. You must have a stroller for your precious little one if you plan to do any walking. But that old one was so uncomfortable to push around. How about strollers for tall parents?
While the design of many strollers is for parents with average height – 5 ft 9 in for men and 5 ft 4 in for women, the latest models introduced a feature that addresses this concern. Many strollers now have handlebars that you can adjust to your desired height.
Quick Overview Of Strollers For Tall Parents (Updated List)
Why Do You Need Strollers For Tall Parents
No one wants back pain or strain, and using a stroller that is too short for your height can cause issues. So, we researched and found strollers for tall parents that would work great.
Tall people, not just parents, want to stand straight to prevent problems later in life. Keeping your arms slightly bent at the elbow will be the most comfortable position to push a stroller. So it would be best if you had a stroller that will allow a comfortable standing position. And strollers for tall parents can do just that.
Did you know that the best strollers for tall parents are either jogging strollers or umbrella strollers? But you can also use them for travel.
You can use a jogging stroller for running or with a more active lifestyle, but they are also great for travel. A jogger stroller has all-terrain wheels, superior suspension, and shock-absorbing capabilities. It is perfect for an off-road stroll with the 6-month baby in tow. And most importantly, the strollers’ handles are long and set at an angle suitable for parents with longer strides.
As the name suggests, umbrella strollers have longer umbrella-shaped handles, allowing for a comfortable push by tall parents. It is also lightweight and folds easily when you take it on a flight.
Depending on your specific needs, your jogging or umbrella stroller can be a single stroller for one baby or a double stroller for a baby and a toddler or two toddlers.
By narrowing your choices to jogging and umbrella strollers, you will find the critical features designed explicitly for tall parents but not compromising your baby’s comfort.
Strollers For Tall Parents Product Reviews
Without further delay, here are the reviews for our 3 best strollers for tall parents.
The Britax B-Ready G3 is the ideal stroller for your family’s ever-changing needs. It has a modular design, an adjustable handlebar, and a dozen seating options. These features provide flexibility in adjusting the stroller to suit your baby’s needs and yours.
Your child can ride the stroller facing you or forward with the reversible stroller seat. The canopy with a vent window protects them from the elements. And for a smooth ride, the foam-filled rubber tires and suspension system will help your child ride in comfort and style.
The automatic frame lock secures the stroller when closed, making it compact for traveling or storing. In addition, the B-Ready G3 stroller has an infant car seat, a bassinet, and an optional second seat, making it ideal for your baby. The stroller’s top seat is suitable for a 6-month-old baby and a child weighing up to 55 lbs.
- Adjustable handlebar height for finding a comfortable grip
- Twelve seating options when paired with other accessories (Britax seats, B ready bassinet, Infant car seat, B Ready second set) – all optional as an add-on purchase
- Flexible design as a single or double stroller
- Reversible top seat for parent-facing or forward-facing ride
- Canopy with ventilation windows for protection against the elements
- All-access extra-large storage basket
- Quick-fold design with two seats attached
- Four recline positions for sleeping infants or attentive toddlers
- Full-cover ventilated canopy with UV 50+ protection.
- No-flat rubber tires
- Linked parking brake (one step locks both rear wheels)
- Wheel suspension for a smooth ride
- Click and Go System with any Britax infant car seat or bassinet.
- Five-point harness system
- Polyester material
- Travel system ready and compatible with all Britax and BOB infant car seats
- Automatic frame lock
- The stroller weighs in reasonably heavy at 20 lbs.
Every active parent will love the Jeep Hydro Sport Plus Jogger. It delivers the best running experience and is the perfect traveling companion for your little one. A swivel front wheel and back wheel suspension combo allow for a comfortable ride for your little one.
Tall parents like you will find the adjustable handlebar, an incredible design feature for multiple height positions. This feature makes for a comfortable stroller push without hurting your back while moving through the airport.
Your child stays comfortable in the stroller’s adjustable reclining seat. In addition, it has a swing-away child tray and an oversized neoprene canopy with a peek-a-boo window. The stroller also features a fabric organizer with two large cup holders for parents and a spacious storage basket.
The Jeep Hydro is a versatile stroller for tall parents who have an active traveling lifestyle and love outdoor activities.
- Puncture-proof 12″ swivel front wheels and 16″ back wheels with a shock-absorbing suspension system
- Water-resistant oversized, adjustable neoprene canopy with UPF 50+ sun visor and peek-a-boo window
- Nap-approved reclining seat
- Swing-away child tray
- Versatile for multiple uses
- Leather-wrapped adjustable handlebar with multiple positions for parents of all heights
- Large undercarriage storage basket
- Parent fabric organizer with two cup holders and covered storage to keep phone, keys, or wallet
- Quick-release back tires create a compact fold for easy storage.
- Compact one-hand fold design
- Includes car seat adapter for different brand seats (SnugRide and Click Connect seats from Graco; Nurture and Embrace seats from Evenflo; B-Safe 35 seat from Britax; KeyFit 30 seat from Chicco) – all sold separately
- Five-point safety harness
- Reflective shoulder pads and jogging tether straps
- It takes some practice to efficiently fold this stroller.
The Chicco TRE is our top pick in a stroller with versatility for travel and outdoor activities.
With your fast-paced and active lifestyle, the TRE jogging stroller is your stylish and high-performance traveling fitness companion.
Thanks to its light aluminum frame, traveling is easy. In addition, a hand brake will quickly reduce speed, and the 12″ front wheel and 16″ rear tires, make it easy to maneuver. It has a robust suspension system (dual FlexCore) for a smooth ride on bumpy road surfaces.
You get added convenience when you easily detach the seat, backrest, and canopy as one unit. You can comfortably carry the frame stroller minus the seat and canopy.
The TRE jogging stroller features an exclusive control console with easily-accessible hand-operated functionality. You can lock or unlock the front swivel wheel from the console and control the deceleration brake.
In addition, the TRE features a one-hand fold in three configurations – standing fold, flat fold, and long-term storage in the closet.
- Light stroller frame made of aluminum
- All three wheels have metal spokes.
- Manual and console-controlled hand brake for deceleration
- 12″ swivel front wheel with quick lock/unlock mechanism
- 16″ toe-tap rear tires for smooth maneuverability
- Adjustable, foot-activated suspension system (Dual FlexCore) for smooth or bumpy roads
- Compatible with all KeyFit and Fit2 infant car seats (sold separately)
- The Stroller seat, backrest, and canopy detach from the frame as one unit.
- The five-point harness supports a backrest with multiple position options.
- Water-repellant fabrics for rain protection
- A full coverage extendable canopy and flip-away tinted peek-a-boo window for maximum protection from the elements
- Features an exclusive control console for unmatched convenience (lock or unlock wheels, control deceleration hand brake at your fingertips)
- One-hand fold for three configurations – self-standing for the garage, flat fold for the trunk, and compact fold for long-term storage.
- Padded push handle with quick hand-operated lock/unlock hold position to adjust the height
- Soft parent tray with two cup holders
- Large storage basket
- Designed to accommodate children six months old and weighing up to 50 lbs
- Even with the lightweight frame, it is a bit heavy.
What Makes Strollers For Tall Parents TSA Compliant?
When we talk about traveling with a stroller, the concern over how it will travel and where we pack it always comes into play.
So let’s spend a moment and discuss how strollers for tall parents are TSA compliant and what this means.
TSA (Transporation Security Administration) is the entity that protects us at the airport. They set guidelines for what can go on a plane and what needs to go in the cargo hold as checked luggage.
TSA states that a stroller must go through the x-ray machine, but strollers for tall parents may be too large to fit. Not to worry because, in this case, the security personnel will manually inspect it.
Once it passes the security checkpoint, you can place your child back in the stroller. Then, you can take it on the plane if it folds into a compact size of 10 inches around and 36 inches long.
If your stroller is a larger compact size than this, you can use it until right when you enter the plane. Then, you can gate-check it and place it in the cargo hold at that time. Then, you can pick it up at the same place when you get off the plane.
Traveling with a larger stroller is possible and will work well.
What To Look For When Buying Strollers For Tall Parents
While you might find it quite challenging to decide which stroller is suitable, we can make it easier because we will identify some critical factors for strollers for tall parents like you.
You are tall and need a stroller you can push comfortably without breaking your back. A stroller with adjustable handlebars will allow you to find the proper adjustment for your height. Then, you can move the stroller’s handle into an up position and lock it into place.
It’s worth noting that some strollers have rotating adjustable handles while others have telescopic handles. You can move the rotating handles from 25 to 75 degrees to adjust the height. On the other hand, telescoping handles include a mechanism that allows you to pull the handle out further from the chassis base to adjust the height level. Strollers with telescoping handles are best for tall parents due to their longer strides.
Strollers for tall parents have adjustable handles, but your best bet is a jogging stroller. Umbrella strollers are lightweight, and the adjustable handles are good, but jogging strollers are better.
For your baby’s comfort, you must look for strollers with fully reclining padded seats. An adjustable seat like this will keep your baby comfortable while taking a nap. And as your baby grows big enough to support their head and body, you can adjust the seat so it can sit comfortably.
It is also wise to choose a stroller with a higher seat so you can attend to your baby without bending down, as this will also strain your back. An adjustable seat will also allow lifting your baby out of the stroller effortlessly.
Strong Suspension And Wheels
Because tall parents have longer strides, your stroller must have a robust suspension system and shock-absorbing capability. You can maneuver the stroller on bumpy roads, and your baby will rest peacefully because of its solid suspension system. A firm suspension combined with big pneumatic or Ethylene Vinyl Acetate-foam rubber tires will give your baby a smooth ride even on bumpy roads.
Hence, consider all these factors when choosing from these 3 best strollers for tall parents and deciding which one suits you and your baby.
Frequently Asked Questions About 3 Best Strollers For Tall Parents
Here are some popular questions about the 3 Best Strollers For Tall Parents.
What is the average handle height of a stroller?
The average handle height for a stroller depends on the brand and model of the stroller. But the handle height ranges from 33 to 44 inches, although some models can extend up to 50 inches.
Do you only have to consider the height of the handle?
The handle height is significant, but consider seat height and added features to help you have a smooth trip.
What makes some strollers suitable for tall parents?
A stroller with the right features will make it suitable for tall parents. Features like adjustable handlebars, long handles, a robust suspension system, and big wheels will make pushing the stroller convenient and comfortable for tall parents.
If you are looking for more tutorials, walkthroughs, and troubleshooting on accessories, here are some additional posts about accessories:
3 Best Strollers For Tall Parents Product – Conclusion
There are strollers designed for average-height parents and ones with height-specific features for tall parents like you. Whether it’s a jogging or umbrella stroller, there are essential components that will complement your height and your baby’s comfort.
Then, you only need to choose one of the 3 best strollers for tall parents, and you and your baby can travel comfortably through the airport and on rough terrain.
Happy travels, my friends.