It’s here, your big adventure, and you need a waterproof duffel bag. Maybe you are headed to Alaska fishing, a family boating tip, or an adventure trek in the wild. Whatever you need as an outdoor enthusiast, we have you covered. With this in mind, we will review the best bags for your adventure.
Waterproof Duffel Bag Quick Overview (Updated List)
Why Would You Need A Waterproof Duffel Bag?
Did you plan an adventure that will take you into areas with heavy rain, snow, or different outdoor environments? For this reason, you will need a waterproof duffel bag to keep your gear and clean clothes dry. Not to mention, a waterproof duffel bag will keep your adventure fun.
Waterproof Duffel Bag Product Reviews
Without further delay, here are the reviews for our top pick of a waterproof duffel bag.
Unplug – 1680D Heavy Duty Roll Top Waterproof Duffel Bag
The Unplug is our top pick for durable best waterproof duffel bags. It has a 1680D, and you can cinch the roll top tight. It is gorgeous, has plenty of space, is highly functional to hold all your waterproof gear, and ranks top for the best dry duffel bag.
- 1680D Ballistic Ripstop Oxford
- Seams welded with high frequency
- Reinforced Loading points with YKK zips
- Can submerse but only briefly
- Shockproof clip-down shoulder strap
- Heavy duty buckle rolltop duffel
- Zip Roll Down System
- Airtight with 8 external compression straps
- Grab handles on the end
- Sternal support with adjustable strap
- 30-Day Refund or Replace 100% Money Back Guarantee
- 100% waterproof – In other words, the roll top will keep your gear dry, and you can cinch it down to secure the contents
- Very large 155L bag – In light of this, it is HUGE for all of your outdoor gear and travel needs
- It is a checked luggage item because of the size dimensions
- Consequently, the legal disclaimer states the bag is not bulletproof.
Rockagator Waterproof Duffel Bag – Roll Top
Our next bag is the Rockgator waterproof duffel bag, a sleek-looking functional beauty. In addition, it is perfect for a motorcycle rendezvous or a kayaking trip. Not to mention, this 60L or 90L will nestle nicely on the back of your bike and keep all your gear dry, as a matter of fact, no one wants wet gear when they complete a day of adventure.
- Roll top design with RF welded seams
- 4 clips for closure of the roll top for security
- A total of 8 – 4 D attachment rings
- Rubber end handles on both sides of the bag
- Padded shoulder strap so you can sling carry bag
- Removable shoulder strap
- Easily accessible side zippered pocket
- Daisy chain straps to secure the bag to your motorcycle, jeep, or any transportation.
- The roll top design makes this bag waterproof to protect your belongings from the elements.
- The choice of 60L or 90L for those who need a bit smaller is perfect
- The smaller 60L bag will cinch down to fit under the airline seat.
- However, if submerged for more than briefly, it is not waterproof
Buffalo Gear 150L Super Waterproof Duffel Bag
Here is a 150L large waterproof duffel bag that allows for extra gear and clothing for 10-15 days. In addition, it is 100% waterproof with leakproof zippers and seams. Just think how much you can fit into a bag this size; therefore, it will become your go-to for all outdoor adventures.
- 100% waterproof
- Waterproof submersible zippers
- 1000D tarpaulin waterproof protective coating
- Effective construction with double stitching
- Thermo welded seams
- Collapses and folds
- Elastic shoulder straps
- Convert this bag into a backpack with the secure, padded shoulder straps
- Designed by a respectable outdoor manufacture
- Lastly, a two-year warranty
- This super large bag is perfect for keeping your gear dry in inclement weather or traveling on the water.
- Additionally, it is a150L capacity to fit up to 10-15 days of clothing
- Not to mention, it has large dimensions suitable for a checked airline travel bag
- At the same time, it is not a submersible bag
fishpond Thunderhead Large Submersible Duffel
Are you searching for the Cadillac of all waterproof submersible bags? The fishpond Thunderhead large duffle is 100% waterproof and lines up with the best adventure duffel bags. Not to mention, it has a self-healing main compartment TRU Zip zipper with aluminum compression straps.
- Recycled high-density nylon of 1680D
- TRU Zip self-healing zipper closure on the main compartment
- Exterior pocket for quick access made of YKK Aquaguard
- Braided rope haul handles
- Hardware dual aluminum external compression straps
- Exterior attachment points
- Lariat Gear Straps x 4
- Daisy chain webbing attachment points for rods
- The large interior size will support a 9′ 4-piece rod
- You can carry large loads with backpack padded straps you can stow away
- Waterproof submersible, which means your gear will stay dry under water.
- In addition, the dimensions are 30 inches x 15 inches x 15 inches and are 100L capacity.
- Not to mention, according to a list of airline carry on luggage, this bag is perfect as a checked bag.
- Consequently, it is pricey but has many features other bags do not have.
Where Can You Buy The fishpond Thunderhead Large Submersible Duffel Bag?
When you buy a bag this expensive, you want to make sure you purchase from a reputable online store. With this in mind, we found many online stores that offer this bag.
The one place we found that offered extra perks was Amazon. To put it differently, Amazon will allow 4 easy installment payments, and for many, this plan will come in handy. Not to mention, Amazon is a long-standing trusted business where companies can confidently offer their products. In light of this, our recommendation to purchase this incredible bag is Amazon.
How do you decide which bag is the best waterproof one for you? All things considered, let’s explore what to look for next.
What Do You Need To Look For When Buying A Waterproof Duffel Bag?
Waterproof is the key word here. When searching for a waterproof duffle bag for your adventure, there are a few things to consider. What are the materials? What is the size, and does it meet your needs, and if you are flying, is your duffle bag a carry one or a checked bag?
There are different descriptions for a waterproof bag. In other words, do you need a fully waterproof submersible bag? Or do you need one to keep your gear dry in inclement weather? The type of trip you plan will determine the bag you need to keep your belongings dry. In light of this, we will go into depth with each bag on the waterproof capabilities. Be aware that the term water resistant is not the same as waterproof.
What type of adventure are you taking? Do you want a waterproof duffle bag that will hold your outdoor gear for a week, or are you taking a weekend getaway on a river? To put it differently, the bag’s liter capacity will help you make this decision, which we will explore for each bag.
Carry On Or Checked Bag
As we noted in some earlier articles, the size limits for a carry on bag vary with each airline. Therefore I recommend looking at the airline you will travel to see the size for a carry on and a personal item. With this in mind, a personal item will fit under the seat in front of you, and a carry on will fit into the overhead compartment.
Explanation of Terms
A couple of terms need a bit more explanation to help you make the right choice of a waterproof duffle bag for your needs.
What Does Denier (D) Mean?
A Denier is a unit of measurement or weight of a fabric. The (D or d) stands for the term denier. With this in mind, a single silk thread is one denier, and the more threads in a piece of fabric, the higher the denier number is.
For example, most material has a denier of 40d to 80d, so a waterproof duffel bag requires a denser fabric to keep out the water. Therefore a duffle bag with a 1680D has a closer weave with more single fibers and durable material.
What Is The Difference Between A Roll Top And A Zippered Duffel Bag
The roll-top duffel bag is a zipperless design you can adjust when you roll it down and cinch it to fit your needs. Yet a waterproof zippered duffel bag is just that; it has waterproof zippers and special welded seams.
More Detail On The Difference In A Roll Top And A Zippered Duffel Bag
The roll-top waterproof duffel bag is a zipperless design. In other words, once your gear is inside, roll it down from the top and cinch it. A roll-top bag is adjustable, so you can make it smaller if you need it to fit under an airplane seat, provided the bag meets the length requirements for the airline policy.
A zippered waterproof duffel bag is just that; it has waterproof zippers and special welded seams. But if it is fully submersible, the zippers must also be waterproof. However, a zipper must have a PVC or rubber coating covering the teeth to be waterproof. With this in mind, the heavy-duty zipper coils are tucked back and hidden away behind the cover.
Both bags are an excellent choice to keep your gear safe if you choose right. But how you decide which one will depend on the adventure you plan.
If you are looking for more tutorials, walkthroughs, and troubleshooting on backpacks, here are some additional posts about backpacks :
Waterproof Duffel Bag – Conclusion
So that concludes our list of Waterproof duffel bags. With this in mind, the 4 listed bags are top of the line with many features that will help you travel easily into the wild, adventurous country, whether flying or by car. In addition, I am happy to answer all questions to help make the right choice for you. Leave a comment below or send me a message.
Happy travels, my friends.